• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a Browning and a Ft. Knox. One dial and the other electronic lock. I prefer the electronic, but both have been trouble free for many years.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I would question the brand lock it has. The lock is the only thing that is likely to fail. I like S&G locks that have a warranty. It can be expensive to have a locksmith come out to rectify a problem.

I wonder if it would be worth the expense to have a locksmith come out and put in a better lock before it fails.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    This is what I have as well. Not as fancy as some of the more expensive ones but more than adequate for your average smash and grab burglar.

Me 3. I know it could be grabbed and taken, but you better have 2-3 guys and then you will still probably get nabbed by my old retired neighbor alarm....and at the very least they better smile because I will have their photo. I aint putting nothing worth $150,000 in my safe.....that's what bank lock boxes are for.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I wonder if it would be worth the expense to have a locksmith come out and put in a better lock before it fails.
    You'd have to get the advice of a locksmith to answer that question. Both my dial lock (35 years old) and electronic lock (9 years old) are S&G and both have given good service. When the lock has a lifetime warranty, like the Ft. Knox, if something goes wrong with the lock, I'll call them. Let's face it, the rest of a safe is basically a big metal box with a handle and bolts.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've got a Ft. Knox. I bought it at Kiesler's in Jeffersonville when it was still Kiesler's (Orien arms, now). It was bout a month's salary for me at the time, but it's lived through two burglaries so it it's been worth it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've got a Ft. Knox. I bought it at Kiesler's in Jeffersonville when it was still Kiesler's (Orien arms, now). It was bout a month's salary for me at the time, but it's lived through two burglaries so it it's been worth it.
    That's where I bought mine and sold a few there too! I don't shop at the same place since Doug sold out! I did do a lot of research and talked to safe owners and the more experienced sales people before buying my Ft. Knox. They gave me solid advice, especially since nobody was getting a commission.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    https://rhinosafe.com/black-friday-...ree-vintage-rhino-tee-free-curbside-delivery/

I’ve actually been eying this one from Rhino. The only thing I don’t like is that I can’t have it with a
    manual lock. I’d much rather have a dial than an electronic lock.

The BigHorn and Kodiak are their imported-from-China value "safes"

My grandma and her husband have one of the lowest of the low end Kodiak lockers - and it's quite chintzy.

At my price point (Around $2k), I'm still firmly into RSC territory - but I can at least get a GOOD RSC.

I certainly cannot afford a Graffunder B6032. Nor can my already reinforced floor handle the 1500lb dry weight.

Leaning towards a Johnson JS-536 as being one of the better RSCs for the $. The fact that I can pretty much choose the color is a big plus.

Many of the other companies charge more for attractive looking paint.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The BigHorn and Kodiak are their imported-from-China value "safes"

My grandma and her husband have one of the lowest of the low end Kodiak lockers - and it's quite chintzy.

At my price point (Around $2k), I'm still firmly into RSC territory - but I can at least get a GOOD RSC.

I certainly cannot afford a Graffunder B6032. Nor can my already reinforced floor handle the 1500lb dry weight.

Leaning towards a Johnson JS-536 as being one of the better RSCs for the $. The fact that I can pretty much choose the color is a big plus.

Many of the other companies charge more for attractive looking paint.

Ended up not ordering it last week. Couldn’t bring myself to buy one without touching it first.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    I ended up buying a Browning Deluxe last week from Independence Safe Company in Noblesville. The fire rating is what I was most concerned about. I don't think a thief is going to take the time to get into any reasonably good RSC unless they know there is something in there worth the time.. and they have the time.

Between liberty and Browning, Browning wins for for resistance by far... And I like the other features they have like long gun storage in the door.

Now to decide if I should keep my older small RSC (Sentry 14 gun)...

Mark

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I ended up buying a Browning Deluxe last week from Independence Safe Company in Noblesville. The fire rating is what I was most concerned about. I don't think a thief is going to take the time to get into any reasonably good RSC unless they know there is something in there worth the time.. and they have the time.

Between liberty and Browning, Browning wins for for resistance by far... And I like the other features they have like long gun storage in the door.

Now to decide if I should keep my older small RSC (Sentry 14 gun)...

Mark

Statistically we are 3x more likely to be victims of a burglary than a fire...

And keep the older RSC as the ammo cabinet.

Viking Fires

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2017
    Clarksville
    I have a Liberty with the spinning dial and I'm very pleased with it. Make sure whatever you get has an actual spinning combo I would highly advise against a keypad style safe as I know 2 people with $1,000+ name brand safes that had the keypads malfunction within a couple of years. They are waiting to get them replaced and currently their safes will not lock with a malfunctioning keypad.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom