What do Indiana's Police Departments Carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't know who that guy is, but he has my same philosophy on firearms (for the most part, since I'm a huge fan of different rifle actions). That's why my handguns are the Glock 17, 19, and 26. Everything pretty much works for everything except my light is only mounted to the 17 (the holsters I buy specifically for the 19 will fit the 26, but the 17 holsters won't fit the smaller two unless I add a light).
    John Lovell, former Batt Ranger, current instructor for Telluric Group, and his own Warrior Poet Society. General all around good dude.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I do subscribe to the same platform strategy. But im thinking about a caliber change and im not sure it makes any sense at all to run a 9mm 1911.

Im also a bit of a collector i guess.

Ill have to watch the video later, right now im supposed to be watching "thinking like an economist"

Not sure i understand the 12oz hammer reference.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I do subscribe to the same platform strategy. But im thinking about a caliber change and im not sure it makes any sense at all to run a 9mm 1911.

Im also a bit of a collector i guess.

Ill have to watch the video later, right now im supposed to be watching "thinking like an economist"

Not sure i understand the 12oz hammer reference.

I'll sum up the video for you.

Hurr-durr, you should only buy Glocks, hurr-durr, they must all be 9mm.

Did I miss anything? :):

I've never seen a hammer with such screwed-up ergonomics as a Glock, so I'm not sure that his comparison fits.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'll sum up the video for you.

Hurr-durr, you should only buy Glocks, hurr-durr, they must all be 9mm.

Did I miss anything? :):

You missed the fact that he was more interested in having equipment that works for all of his handguns instead of buying new crap for different platforms and not having compatibility between them. The advice on buy 9mm Glocks was sound, who would recommend an outdated platform such as the 1911?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You missed the fact that he was more interested in having equipment that works for all of his handguns instead of buying new crap for different platforms and not having compatibility between them. The advice on buy 9mm Glocks was sound, who would recommend an outdated platform such as the 1911?

Well, all of my pistols are compatible with the magazines that I bought for them. I'm not sure why anything more than that matters. I suppose I will surely die in the next zombie apocalypse, since my .45 Shield mags don't fit in my M&P .40 compact. I get the compatibility thing if someone is into gun games, or in the case of issued equipment to military/LE. Other than that, it's really not that important.

Who said anything about 1911s? :dunno:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    92FABD09-EA3E-4F72-8D02-ABB33392983A.jpg

You are not in the club of old men and have you ever shot a 1911?

BTW I only have this because of CM!

Attachments

• 39949870-7039-44C2-A070-3B1B606FB05D.jpg
      39949870-7039-44C2-A070-3B1B606FB05D.jpg
      126 KB · Views: 10

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Winona lake: sig 40 s&w. Not sure the model.
    Just a side note question. Does the IN state police weapons have markings on them now? I bought (after a state trooper friend turned his in for a .40) a beretta 92g in 1996/97 ish and it had grips with the police shield logo and it was stamped on the weapon itself. Pretty cool.

Top Bottom