Indy Metro Area
    28by7p4.jpg

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hooten Old Town, McKee KY

We may know some of the same people Alpo.....A guy that used to play banjo for Renfro Valley??? Maybe??? IIRC his name was Ralph (maybe) and I think (not sure) that he has something to do with that CAS range and shoot...I knew him from his 18th century reenacting forays and this was 15 years ago or so...I know CAS was his real passion....

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ralph Marcum. I played banjo with Ralph while I was down there. He was glad to meet someone who could frail. Had a good friend who was a local artist in those parts. Melungeon. Knew more about American history than google. He was gonna run me for governor of Kentucky as a yellerdawg democrat. After enough clear liquid, I was ready to start stumpin'...of course that would have to wait until I could stand up.

Ralph's family is pretty well known around those parts.

I liked Ralph's long range. You shot at a big red steel buffalo across the valley. 600 to 800 yards, depending where you set up. BPCR

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ralph Marcum. I played banjo with Ralph while I was down there. He was glad to meet someone who could frail. Had a good friend who was a local artist in those parts. Melungeon. Knew more about American history than google.

Ralph's family is pretty well known around those parts.

I liked Ralph's long range. You shot at a big red steel buffalo across the valley. 600 to 800 yards, depending where you set up. BPCR

That's him...Heck of a guy....Small world...He had the coolest swivel barrel Kentucky Long Rifle I had ever seen...Beautiful...He and a couple of other guys were playing some music at Fort Boonesboro and my wife and I went in to the cabin they were playing in....(We had just got done filming the "Siege at Boonesboro" documentary and everyone was in period dress...) They began playing "Darling Cory" and I was kind of singing along to myself and Ralph nodded at me and said, "C'mon up and finish her out son..."

I did...Embarrassed as I was and without the liquid courage of bourbon....I knew he was a pretty well known musician and I remember checking off my bucket list, "Sing Bluegrass with well known banjo picker from Renfro Valley...Check..."

I have heard that range is awesome....I love that hat by the way...Stop in anytime your south Alpo...I would love to shake your hand and swap stories....

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I took that pic by the way. Not bad for pre-tinType

I remember...You were a little tipsy from your patent medicine bottle and every time the flash went off you screamed out "FREE BIRD!!!! PLAY FREE BIRD" at the top of your lungs....

The Governor was like "You know this guy?" and I told him we used to hunt Mammoth's together back in the day and you have never been the same since you invented fermenting grain....:)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I remember...You were a little tipsy from your patent medicine bottle and every time the flash went off you screamed out "FREE BIRD!!!! PLAY FREE BIRD" at the top of your lungs....

The Governor was like "You know this guy?" and I told him we used to hunt Mammoth's together back in the day and you have never been the same since you invented fermenting grain....:)

:rofl: :rofl:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

OK......you win. I am laughing way to hard to match this while posting from a Mobil device.

Top Bottom