What do you do with your gun in a public restroom?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you do with your gun when nature calls you to a public restroom?

• Total voters

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Toilet paper dispenser.

One time I had to poop real bad and was in such a hurry I fumbled and it dropped on the ground. Good thing they make pistols with drop safeties! :rockwoot:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Cc7O95rUMAASMDW.jpg

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I leave my gun in the holster, drop my drawers, then my skivvies. I then cover my gun w/ my skivvies.
    I will try to get a stall w/ a solid wall on one side, if possible.
    This is with a G19 or G43 AIWB, but is the same as when I carried strong side, too.
    No chance for an AD/ND, or leaving the gun in the stall. And, it is readily accessible if needed, too.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I leave my gun in the holster, drop my drawers, then my skivvies. I then cover my gun w/ my skivvies.
    I will try to get a stall w/ a solid wall on one side, if possible.
    This is with a G19 or G43 AIWB, but is the same as when I carried strong side, too.
    No chance for an AD/ND, or leaving the gun in the stall. And, it is readily accessible if needed, too.

Very similar for my IWB (also G19 or G43 currently) carried at the 5:30 or so position. There is no need to remove the holster or the firearm if you have a decent holster with good retention and a stiff belt (even when unbuckled).

I guess I have no idea why anyone would need to remove anything unless the OWB holsters don't manage to hold the gun properly if you keep the pants up around your calves. Just never been a problem for me.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just an FYI: people who don't understand why someone would need to unholster in this circumstance may not understand the additional complications arising from pants and a belt that are significantly larger than one's inseam. What works for skinny, average, and chubby guys (especially if they wear their pants below their gut) doesn't always work for bigger guys with bigger waists. A gun carefully unholstered and placed in the most secure location available is less prone to mishap than dealing with holsters flopping over the belt suddenly and potentially dumping a gun (even with a stiff belt and a good holster with otherwise appropriate retention).

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My own practice: its stays in the holster, on my belt. No reason to draw and waive it around.

I supposed the SECOND best is to wear a removable holster, and remove it holster and all. At least it is still contained and less likely to ND. Please, though, put the holster someplace you cannot forget it or drop it. I use this option when I know I am visiting a legal "disarmament zone", like a school.

As several others up-thread, I also avoid public restrooms for anything other than #1.:whistle:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    My holsters are removable. This situation doesn’t happen to me often, but I can remove my holster from my belt and hold a safely holstered gun.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Pants to knees, holstered gun stays on belt and I've got a N82tactical holster that does a fine job of retaining even when not held against me by said belt.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Rhino makes a good point for us big guys. However, I said it before pants at the knees and buckle your belt around the knees to keep the gun up off the floor and it keeps it in easy reach. Safe and secure and nobody can see it below the stall walls.

Top Bottom