What do you do with your gun in a public restroom?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you do with your gun when nature calls you to a public restroom?

• Total voters

BluBlur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2015
    You didn't fasten the gun restraint!
    Don’t forget the baby..er gun wipes! I prefer home court advantage but if a code brown is immediate then she’ll stay on the belt, still tucked inside the pants. I can’t see how “the flop” could happen if you keep it tucked inside the pants still, thus effectively putting it snug between leg and pant.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Just an FYI: people who don't understand why someone would need to unholster in this circumstance may not understand the additional complications arising from pants and a belt that are significantly larger than one's inseam. What works for skinny, average, and chubby guys (especially if they wear their pants below their gut) doesn't always work for bigger guys with bigger waists. A gun carefully unholstered and placed in the most secure location available is less prone to mishap than dealing with holsters flopping over the belt suddenly and potentially dumping a gun (even with a stiff belt and a good holster with otherwise appropriate retention).

I either keep my pants up around my knees, or if I let them drop I leave the pistol in the holster an I leave the holster on the belt. As I lower my pants, I turn my pants so the pistol is between my feet, with barrel facing down and away.

I really think it is bizarre that people are removing the firearms from holsters in public restrooms and dicking around with them. (no pun intended)

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Pants to knees and a solid a$$ plant on the seat. The only thing i let touch a public restoom floor (if i can help it) is the bottom of my shoes.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    While standing unhook belt with holstered firearm and dual mag pouches as they are, lower pants enough to refasten belt in longest hole, drop trou to just below knee level, spread feet to keep pants up, sit, do business keeping feet spread, then reverse the steps to get into fighting trim again. I’ve done the same but kept the belt just above knee level. Safariland ALS retention for the win!

DRAIN SURGEON

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Mooresvile
    I have always pulled the belt tight untill buckle is against the belt loop ,and ran the other end back through the belt loop on top of itself untill it won't go any further leaving a little loop. The belt will not move due to friction.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I really don't want to have to go back to remedial s***ing class again.

Necroposting_zps30a7efa6.jpg

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    For those with the lanyard provisions on their pistols, I should think a loop of paracord with an on/off clip would be just the ticket for the coat/jacket hook on the back of the door. Or, for the more enlightened, the paracord loop AND a magnetic hook of sufficient strength should solve most problems. Something to think about.

Top Bottom