What do you think would happen if.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My intent doesn't seem to have come through. We have the God given right to self defense if the situation warrants it, that's not in dispute. My thought was to strongly discourage the aggrition with something like bird shot, size would be user choice. It is not my intention to kill anyone but to hopefully dissuade them from aggressive action.
    Of course in a riot situation who can predict what happens, that is why I would prefer .45 auto or possibly even 10mm maybe? The point is, can we allow this lawlessness continue?

No, I don't think birdshot would necessarily strongly discourage aggression. If the crowd is large enough it might incite them to charge you. If you're bringing firearms into the mix, even if only with birdshot, you're talking about expanding the scope into deadly force scenarios. Birdshot is not appropriate for that.

So that brings a question to mind. Exactly what do you think is your responsibility in stopping this lawlessness? You're not the law. You have a right to protect yourself and people/property within your sphere, including lethal force if the threat rises to that level. So I'd say when the "lawlessness" reaches your house, your neighbor's house, loved ones, business, whatever, you do what you have to protect that scope of things. Beyond that it's not your gig. Not yet anyway. I'm not going to gear up and patrol some statue downtown to protect it. Keeping the peace is still the job of the police and if they're not asking for citizens to volunteer to come out and help, then just stay home and protect you and yours if it comes to that, with the appropriate force needed. As far as it becoming a citizen's job to help keep the peace, we ain't there yet.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Do we really need a thread about this?

fgWtgy4.gif

... and ibtl.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well with some Governers not sending in the National Guard, and some mayor's holding back the police and Pelosi not doing anything in the House of Representatives and the court declaring that the police have no duty to protect you, whatcha gonna do? It may be wise to answer that question now before it's too late.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Jesus told us to turn the other cheek but, he didn't say what to do after that.
    As far as armament, remember that superior firepower will rule the day. Go heavy or don't go at all. No such thing as a fair fight.

That verse does not mean what most people think it means.

It absolutely does not mean to bend a knee to evil, it means to stand up to it and have the strength to fight it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Read the verse and plot the positions of the attacker and the one being attacked.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    You know, I never in my wildest dreams thought I would still be alive when Jesus returned, but it's looking more and more like it every day. All the signs are here, it's just a matter of time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm reluctant to express my "faith" on the issue. I'd like to be able to. But I don't think many Christians here would take it as being anything but...I'm at a loss for the most descriptive adjective. Let's say I'm reluctant to have the appearance of crapping on your faith. I'll just say, kingdoms rise and fall and yet the world keeps turning as if it doesn't care. Ages have been worse than now, but the trials of the day seem to always hasten the second coming. I wonder what talk of Armageddon the Civil War must have wrought.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm reluctant to express my "faith" on the issue. I'd like to be able to. But I don't think many Christians here would take it as being anything but...I'm at a loss for the most descriptive adjective. Let's say I'm reluctant to have the appearance of crapping on your faith. I'll just say, kingdoms rise and fall and yet the world keeps turning as if it doesn't care. Ages have been worse than now, but the trials of the day seem to always hasten the second coming. I wonder what talk of Armageddon the Civil War must have wrought.

[SUP]33[/SUP]So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. [SUP]34[/SUP]Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. [SUP]35[/SUP]Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. [SUP]36[/SUP]But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. [SUP]37[/SUP]But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. [SUP]38[/SUP]For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, [SUP]39[/SUP]And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    [SUP]33[/SUP]So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. [SUP]34[/SUP]Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. [SUP]35[/SUP]Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. [SUP]36[/SUP]But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. [SUP]37[/SUP]But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. [SUP]38[/SUP]For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, [SUP]39[/SUP]And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

It's the OP's thread, and the OP doesn't shy away from making religion a part of the discussion, so I think it's also fair if I bring in the perspective of a former believer, now agnostic. And whether that perspective is supported by this quote or not, it matters not--the quote is not authoritative to my point because its unfalsifiable information from an unauthenticated source. So irregardless of that quote, let's just look at the logic of reading Revelation as some read tea leaves. Reality seems to slap harshly such notions as foolish.

Claims of Revelation have come and gone, yet the claims never stop. It's something that bothered me when I was a religious person. People would quote, they "know not the hour," and then proclaim even louder that this or that sign matches some text that they're sure they have some exclusive understanding of, and so that justifies their ballpark guess that it's neigh. C'mon. Your God presumably gave you a brain which has the capacity to reason for the purpose of reconciling your instincts with your senses. Just live your life as you believe a Christian should, and if your faith is just, you'll prepare yourselves as Matthew 25 suggests. And if there is actually Son of man, and there is really an hour of return which no one else knows, you'll be fine not to care much about the meantime; what circumstances precedes it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's the OP's thread, and the OP doesn't shy away from making religion a part of the discussion, so I think it's also fair if I bring in the perspective of a former believer, now agnostic. And whether that perspective is supported by this quote or not, it matters not--the quote is not authoritative to my point because its unfalsifiable information from an unauthenticated source. So irregardless of that quote, let's just look at the logic of reading Revelation as some read tea leaves. Reality seems to slap harshly such notions as foolish.

Claims of Revelation have come and gone, yet the claims never stop. It's something that bothered me when I was a religious person. People would quote, they "know not the hour," and then proclaim even louder that this or that sign matches some text that they're sure they have some exclusive understanding of, and so that justifies their ballpark guess that it's neigh. C'mon. Your God presumably gave you a brain which has the capacity to reason for the purpose of reconciling your instincts with your senses. Just live your life as you believe a Christian should, and if your faith is just, you'll prepare yourselves as Matthew 25 suggests. And if there is actually Son of man, and there is really an hour of return which no one else knows, you'll be fine not to care much about the meantime; what circumstances precedes it.
    See, that's not how I intended the use of that quote at all. I was actually posting it in agreement with your statement about people predicting "The End" for like... ever.

To wit: "Ages have been worse than now, but the trials of the day seem to always hasten the second coming. I wonder what talk of Armageddon the Civil War must have wrought."

Top Bottom