What do you think would happen if.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wait- what thread is this? :dunno:

The "Can we do our own armed group to confront Antifa, and please come back Jesus so that the world ends and we can all go to that great Golden Corral in the sky and cluck our tongues at all of the heathens who are burning in Hell for touching their pee-pees and following one of the other thousands of wrong religions and not mine" thread.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm reluctant to express my "faith" on the issue. I'd like to be able to. But I don't think many Christians here would take it as being anything but...I'm at a loss for the most descriptive adjective. Let's say I'm reluctant to have the appearance of crapping on your faith. I'll just say, kingdoms rise and fall and yet the world keeps turning as if it doesn't care. Ages have been worse than now, but the trials of the day seem to always hasten the second coming. I wonder what talk of Armageddon the Civil War must have wrought.

"You could just as well say that an agnostic is a deeply religious person with at least a rudimentary knowledge of human fallibility" - Carl Sagan

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "You could just as well say that an agnostic is a deeply religious person with at least a rudimentary knowledge of human fallibility" - Carl Sagan

Well, Carl Sagan was a **********. So...

My thinking is that it's silly to be confident in unknowable things. Atheists are quite certain God doesn't exist. Religious people are quite certain he/she/it does. I strongly suspect the atheists are closer to being right. But I'm open to being wrong about that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So take Pascal’s wager? Nah.

I conclude that Pascal didn't have the table stakes to make such a wager, he never posessed true belief in order to be able to bet it, only a dry assessment of the odds. I don't believe that would be enough

Edit: Not really trying to head where we're going, the Sagan quote just somewhat fit my mental picture of you jamil

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I remember seeing Kamala say on tv that when we (the dems) gain power we hunt down the Republicans and make you pay. If you want the exact guote look it up. But their coming after our homes, our guns and our Bible's, no doubt about it. Best be prepared ahead of time.

Top Bottom