What do you think would happen if.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Kids think that everyone was walking around in a fog of pot smoke and purple haze.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See, that's not how I intended the use of that quote at all. I was actually posting it in agreement with your statement about people predicting "The End" for like... ever.

To wit: "Ages have been worse than now, but the trials of the day seem to always hasten the second coming. I wonder what talk of Armageddon the Civil War must have wrought."
    No, that’s how I took it. That’s why I said regardless of whether the quote supports my perspective or not, it’s not authoritative. Meaning, my perspective stands on its own whether there is scripture to confirm it or not. If I’m right, it’s because the thing is true, and not because scripture confirms it. But when I say it that way, it sounds like I’m ****ting on religion and that isn’t my intention.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No, that’s how I took it. That’s why I said regardless of whether the quote supports my perspective or not, it’s not authoritative. Meaning, my perspective stands on its own whether there is scripture to confirm it or not. If I’m right, it’s because the thing is true, and not because scripture confirms it. But when I say it that way, it sounds like I’m ****ting on religion and that isn’t my intention.

I didn't take it that way at all. Maybe we're talking past each other.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'm not a lawyer or a prosecutor but if we are talking about Indiana I think you will find if you are justified in shooting someone you are justified in killing them. If you aren't justified simply pointing a loaded weapon at someone is a felony. Quibbling about the effectiveness of bird shot seems an inane thought, bird shot IS lethal at close range. Considering using bird shot at a less than lethal range for the purpose of discouraging someone will guarantee a lawsuit that the shooter will lose. I know this is all speculation but speculating about using a firearm to simply discourage someone is complete crazy town stuff. Possibly an attorney would care to explain what the law requires in Indiana for the use of deadly force. I'm confident I have an idea about what is required of me for use of deadly force but it appears some people are a little confused.
    [FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't take it that way at all. Maybe we're talking past each other.
    Nah, I’m just sensitive to being an ******* about religion. Unlike a lot of Atheist/Agnostic types I don’t have a problem with religion and I don’t want to appear to be making fun of people’s beliefs. What I wrote started to sound a little to me like the ******* Atheists who just **** on religion. Maybe I’m oversensitive.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I'm reluctant to express my "faith" on the issue. I'd like to be able to. But I don't think many Christians here would take it as being anything but...I'm at a loss for the most descriptive adjective. Let's say I'm reluctant to have the appearance of crapping on your faith. I'll just say, kingdoms rise and fall and yet the world keeps turning as if it doesn't care. Ages have been worse than now, but the trials of the day seem to always hasten the second coming. I wonder what talk of Armageddon the Civil War must have wrought.
    You are correct, there have been many trying times in the past but the key here appears to be (when the nation's of the world encompass the camp of the saints). All prophecy seems to have been fulfilled except the second coming of Christ. If that is in fact true, then it could happen (at a time when you think not). The thing is, why take a chance on certain death when life eternal is offered to you for free?

Anyway, I'm sorry that I appear to have highjacked my own thread but if it were to have saved one soul, it's worth it. Have a great day.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have not yet seen the riot that starts out as a riot. If you're going to prevent people from initially protesting because you think a riot may occur, you're not exactly one that respects the freedoms we should be afforded. If the riot has already kicked off, the how smart is it to put yourself in the mix to stop it? Stay home and protect you and yours.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are correct, there have been many trying times in the past but the key here appears to be (when the nation's of the world encompass the camp of the saints). All prophecy seems to have been fulfilled except the second coming of Christ. If that is in fact true, then it could happen (at a time when you think not). The thing is, why take a chance on certain death when life eternal is offered to you for free?

Anyway, I'm sorry that I appear to have highjacked my own thread but if it were to have saved one soul, it's worth it. Have a great day.
    Hey, it’s your thread. You want to talk about this stuff that’s fine.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have not yet seen the riot that starts out as a riot. If you're going to prevent people from initially protesting because you think a riot may occur, you're not exactly one that respects the freedoms we should be afforded. If the riot has already kicked off, the how smart is it to put yourself in the mix to stop it? Stay home and protect you and yours.
    I didn’t think anyone was really talking about not allowing protests. Peaceful protests, no problem with that at all. It’s the agitators that I have a problem with. They’re trying to exploit a legitimate complaint to forward political goals through violence.

The purpose if government in our Republic is to protect the rights of the people. When these agitators turn the protests violent government has a responsibility to protect people and property. That generally means it gets shut down. And that’s a shame. It’s effectively a sort of hecklers veto but coming from people who claim to be on the same side.

One thing I have been happy to see is protesters turning on the agitators. It’s happened here locally, in fact there was a shooting in Louisville by a far left agitator. He was stirring up trouble, trying to get police to retaliate against the crowd, trying to get **** started and several people in the crowd made him leave. So some time later he started shooting into the crowd, and an independent news photographer was killed. Obviously that’s not the thing that pleased me about it. It was that the protestors wanted to take back the purpose from the agitators. That’s what it’s gonna take to restore peace. The people need to push Antifa and these other ideological groups pushing for ridiculous things out. We don’t need to abolish police. We need better policing policies. Better training. And a better way to root out bad cops.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

K, I don't know how much of the other what would you do thread, but the majority of members stated that as long as it is a protest they have no problem with it. If it turns violent we will defend ourselves.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

How do you "save a soul?"

I cannot! Only Christ can save a soul that wants to be saved.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.

Excellent advice. What to do when the protest is started peacefully by people carrying shields, wearing Antifa masks, and carrying clubs?

For the majority of us it wise to take care of our own on our own turf.

Don

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    AD 1000: The Apochalypse.

FosZoe book club recommendation.

I'm reluctant to express my "faith" on the issue. I'd like to be able to. But I don't think many Christians here would take it as being anything but...I'm at a loss for the most descriptive adjective. Let's say I'm reluctant to have the appearance of crapping on your faith. I'll just say, kingdoms rise and fall and yet the world keeps turning as if it doesn't care. Ages have been worse than now, but the trials of the day seem to always hasten the second coming. I wonder what talk of Armageddon the Civil War must have wrought.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Jesus told us to turn the other cheek but, he didn't say what to do after that.
    As far as armament, remember that superior firepower will rule the day. Go heavy or don't go at all. No such thing as a fair fight.

If your BROTHER strikes you, turn the other cheek. Back then brother didn't mean all men of the world like we view it in these times.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    How do you "save a soul?"

Not a Fundamentalist Baptist, huh? ;)

I'm sure my principal of the Fund. Baptist church had good intentions when he coerced a first grade JettaKnight into saying the "magic" prayer over pizza in his office...

Buy excepting Christ offer of redemption. He signed the check, you have to cash it.
    That's a very Arminian view.

If your BROTHER strikes you, turn the other cheek. Back then brother didn't mean all men of the world like we view it in these times.
    The word Jesus used in Matt 5:39 isn't "brother"; it's ὅστις, which is translated as "whosoever" or "whoever". Any version that forces in the word "brother" isn't worth it's salt.

Wait- what thread is this? :dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom