What dumb stuff did YOU hear at the 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I heard a dealer telling a customer that Kimber 1911's are the best 1911's on the market bar-none.

I know of a guy over on Glock Talk that probably spends $10k a year on firearms... He has a stable of 3-4 dozen 1911 pistols. Many of them are HIGH end full custom jobs.

That guy carries a Kimber....

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    The only dumb thing I encountered was every time I flipped open my wallet, dealers kept saying "yes" not realizing that I have an obvious buying problem. ;)

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    Yeah I saw the Nazi booth right across from the proud WWII vet selling guns! Pissed me off!!! My father in law beat me to it when we got to his table and said loudly, " I F@CKING HATE AMERICAN NAZIS!" The guy just tucked his tail and backed off alittle, didn't say anything. I don't care who I offend on here or if you feel different about it than I do but keep that bullsh@t out of there. Memerabilia is one thing but that just made me mad.
    USMC '96-'05 OIF1
    SEMPER FI:patriot:

Last edited:

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I know of a guy over on Glock Talk that probably spends $10k a year on firearms... He has a stable of 3-4 dozen 1911 pistols. Many of them are HIGH end full custom jobs.

That guy carries a Kimber....

My guess is that his carry piece was made sometime in the 90's...

My bro-in-law bought a new one in '08 with QC issues from hell. He got it replaced by one with QC issues of the same degree! After that my opinion of Kimber went downhill, and I started researching and found hundreds of people that have had similar experiences across the net.

I'm sure there are thousands more that have had great experience with Kimber, but I think they got greedy and let some stuff slip through the cracks that shouldn't have. They're reputation with a lot of us has been tarnished because of it.

I'll stick with my Mil-Spec.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    What did I get. A sore back from carring all of this stuff back to the truck. :n00b:

But boy was it worth it :D

picture.php

billet-boy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    I also witnessed the guy at entrance trying to buy every gun that walked in as well, found it entertaining for a few minutes.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I had my Sig P-250 "2SUM" that I was shopping around for a potential trade / sale.

Was talking a little with a few guys from one of Indiana's finest firearms retailers (seriously, they are)...but one of the dim bulbs in the employee pack.

Making small-talk about the P-250 "system", I made the comment to the effect of "well, the Air Marshals will be getting them soon, and in .357 Sig."

Ol' boy said "Well, they use that caliber because they want the bullet to bounce around a little inside the folks. They also use a light load so that it won't puncture the skin of the aircraft."

"Uh, no, sir, they use 125gr Speer Gold dots..."

I decided not to even waste breath on the whole bouncing around and puncturing aircraft skin stuff...

Guy really was as dumb as he looked...

*sigh*

-J-

Should have told him that a .22 would go threw the skin unless it hit a skin lap and to watch the show Myth Buster's did when they shot a 9mm threw the skin in a pressurized aircraft in the bone yard.

Aircraft skin is very thin so it can flex, unless you are walking on the wing's it flexes even when you walk on it....

bnatc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah I saw the Nazi booth right across from the proud WWII vet selling guns! Pissed me off!!! My father in law beat me to it when we got to his table and said loudly, " I F@CKING HATE AMERICAN NAZIS!" The guy just tucked his tail and backed off alittle, didn't say anything. I don't care who I offend on here or if you feel different about it than I do but keep that bullsh@t out of there. Memerabilia is one thing but that just made me mad.
    USMC '96-'05 OIF1
    SEMPER FI:patriot:
    OORAH DevilDog!!

SEMPER FI

Z71Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    Random guy, "this gun is pimpin!" As he was pointing a rifle directly across the room right at a group of people.

Loaded or not on display, use some common sense

Top Bottom