• ...and so much more!
  • Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Curious to hear about the issues you had with the Maverick. I love mine and have rarely heard anyone trash them.

Mine could have been a fluke, but it was a Rat-L-Trap. I had issues with feeding, and the forestock was sloppy as could be. I'm an 870 guy, so maybe it was bias. Either way it didn't last long (less than 2 years). It was all OEM so I never undrstood that "looseness" of the overall weapon. I just got a bad taste in my mouth with Mossberg after that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Mine could have been a fluke, but it was a Rat-L-Trap. I had issues with feeding, and the forestock was sloppy as could be. I'm an 870 guy, so maybe it was bias. Either way it didn't last long (less than 2 years). It was all OEM so I never undrstood that "looseness" of the overall weapon. I just got a bad taste in my mouth with Mossberg after that.
    My family growing up was a Remington family. Santa brought me an 870 for my 12th Christmas. Nothing else feels quite the same now.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    My family growing up was a Remington family. Santa brought me an 870 for my 12th Christmas. Nothing else feels quite the same now.

I agree. I'm definitely a "fanboy" of the 870. Mag receiver or bust! lol. I got a 20g when i was 10 or so, and upgraded to a 12 when i was a teenager. Both were combo kits.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am old so they have to be Wingmasters :-)
    I do have 2 of the express models. One is a left handed one, so I couldn't pass it up. The other the HD tactical model.
    I have 2 of the 20 gauge Wm and need to get one more. I have three grandsons I figured would need one.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Ruger LCP. Nice to conceal, not nice to shoot. I believe in shooting what you carry often and the LCP wasn't compatible with the philosophy. May work for some but it didn't for me or the wife.

Several variations on the AR platform. Gave them a try in different variations and calibers but they're just not our cup of tea. Bolt guns are us. :)

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I can honestly say NONE. I had a Taurus 606 ported but would not fit my large hands and traded it, the same with a Ruger sp101 model. I still have a Jennings 380 that was bought over 30 years ago that I use for trigger discipline. I just never bought or traded for a gun that did not work as it was suppose to. I like the Glocks in gen2 but have had the gen3's with the finger groves removed, again because of my large hands. Some guns I just don't like 1911's for example, but traded or sold for something else. None was a waste of money, some just not for me.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Springfield 1911, you could stand 7 yards from me and let me bench rest it and shoot 2 mags through it and still not come close to hitting you! only 1911 I ever owned or will own.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    As of now, none of them have been a WASTE of money, more or less a lesson. I had a PF-9 that was great to carry but SUCKED to shoot. Never again for a primary gun. I'll deal with a little more discomfort carrying than shooting any day.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Springfield 1911, you could stand 7 yards from me and let me bench rest it and shoot 2 mags through it and still not come close to hitting you! only 1911 I ever owned or will own.

Sounds like a lemon gun to me.
    I know a local gun shop that sold a guy a high dollar Kimber that shot like ****.
    The buyer took it back to the shop to see if the shop owners could figure out what was wrong. It turns out that Kimber didn't finish putting grooves in the barrel. Smooth bore 1911

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    Phoenix Arm HP 22. Paid 150 for it and a little over 3k rounds of 22l during the Sandy Hook phase. We could never get that thing to run right. Ended up selling for 100. The silver lining was in the end we got a little over 3k rounds for about a cent and a half a piece when 22 was averaging 9-11 cents a round.

I bought one of those things (two barrels and all kinds of *bling*) about ten years ago. NO idea what I was thinking.
    I could never get the &^%$# to to go through a full mag without some kind of malfunction. Sold it for a tank of gas.

Still not the most unreliable pistol I've ever owned. That title would go to a Star or Llama 1911.

I also had a beautifully machined AMT SS .380 'Police Backup' that'd easily make my 'Top Ten Most Unreliable Pistols' list. I gave that thing away. :n00b:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    First pistol I owned was a Glock 26. I liked it, but it was a pinky pincher so I sold off and replaced it with a Taurus 24/7 DS Pro.

My Taurus TCP never did run correctly. Finally sent it back for service and got a new one, which I sold ASAP.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Sig P250 subcompact. Glad that I was able to trade it. Good to know about the Vector; however, it looks like their CRB Gen II looks pretty good. I was thinking of getting one in .40.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Gee this bring to mind.
    I purchased a Ruger LCP. It was just to small to comfortably shoot. I hated the trigger. To hard to access and stiff to pull.
    Sold it at a gun show.
    I seen it still on his table several shows later.

I got rid of my SCCY because of the trigger. Single action only and had a very long stiff pull.
    At the NRA show booth. I over heard several people making the same comment. The representatives did not have response.

I also built a AR 15. I just totally hate what it represent and how our troops suffered. All because our US representative ordered a rife that was cheep to make. Our men died because of all the malfunctions.
    I traded it for a Taurus 1911 at the Ft Wayne gun show. I got the best of the deal.

Itchytriggerfinger asked! The Vector is a carbine 45 cal. With a offset (staggered) stock.
    Yes Kriss now offers a different stock. To high price to just replace. They should just replace their incompetence.
    I just completed building up the dog leg with foam and duct tape. It is still to short for my liking. I extended the adjustment to its limit and i even added a recoil pad.
    I am not sure what I can do about the flexing on the stock.

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Early 1990s AMT Hardballer standard size 1911. 75%reliable with fmj, worse with anything else. Twice slam fired on me when loading.

Top Bottom