• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I didn't buy it, but my first ever proper gun, a Weatherby 92 pump shotgun, a very generous Christmas gift from my dad, was nothing but trouble from the beginning.
    That damn thing would randomly double feed, tying up the action completely and requiring a barrel removal to clear.
    I fought with it for over twenty years, then the extractor spring broke, making it unusable altogether.
    I wound up selling the whole thing for $50 to McGalliard Guns and felt pretty good about that deal.
    I put that money toward a Remington 870 Express and no more problems.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Several years ago, I bought a Rexio Super Commanche. .45 Colt /.410 single shot pistol. I thought it might be fun to deer hunt with.
    Could not get it sighted in. Finally took it back to the LGS, where I bought it, and he sent it back to the factory for repairs.
    A few weeks later I inquired about it. The shop owner said the manufacturer said the pistol wasn't safe to own and refunded the purchase price.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Ruger mark III target barrel. After it shot about 50 rounds then it started jamming. Clean it then it would fine for 50 to 75 rounds. Stripping down to clean was ok, putting back together was another thing. Found out Ruger made two versions good ones and lemons.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Like others have said. Every few were a total wash. Just not what I thought I was getting for value.

grendall p-30 22 mag 30 round mag's. Love the idea. Still have the pistol somewhere. Not reliable but does better with 50 grain federal 22 mag. Since it is no longer made just kept it. Most likely would be worth more now than i have in it but that money has been just setting in a safe since the 1980's/ 1890's. Should have saved that cash and got a browning hipower or nice 1911 back then but I had the money and the Grendel did speak to me. A wash still love the idea of 30 rounds in a back up size pistol.

AMT automag II just as above love the idea of a 22 mag auto pistol but there must be some issue with the round that makes them just unreliable. After two years of attempts to make it work was traded and took a loss. Not much but a loss none the less. Should have learned from the above Grendel. Mule headed I am.

Now the best and worst of them. Bren ten auto. Yes a Miami vice fan long ago. Loved the gun but the mags were bad. They kept saying a new round of mags were coming. A year later new mags are coming. Was to be a carry pistol and had lots of money tied up in something that I could not carry. Loved every little thing about it when it went bang. Thing is not a single mag could be shot without an issue. Sold it outright for the same money I had purchased it for. Why do I include this as a waist of money. Have you seen what a Bren ten auto goes for on the market now. So selling it for what I paid lost me a profit of 2500-3000 in current value. Plus I purchased that pistol over a H&K PSP a pistol I have never owned always wanted and most likely will never be able to purchase now. The fact I purchased the BRen over H@k then sold Bren never using the money for the H&k pisses me off to no end.

So so I guess just the auto mag 2 is a true bust.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    SIG P290RS was a flaming piece of garbage. I bought it thinking everything SIG must be good. That was an important lesson not to blindly trust any name brand.

Inter Ordinance Hellcat 380. I bought it back when they were new and I thought it would be a nice little pocket gun. Never has ran right. I still have it because I don't want to burden someone else with that piece of junk.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Now the best and worst of them. Bren ten auto. Yes a Miami vice fan long ago. Loved the gun but the mags were bad. They kept saying a new round of mags were coming. A year later new mags are coming. Was to be a carry pistol and had lots of money tied up in something that I could not carry. Loved every little thing about it when it went bang. Thing is not a single mag could be shot without an issue. Sold it outright for the same money I had purchased it for. Why do I include this as a waist of money. Have you seen what a Bren ten auto goes for on the market now. So selling it for what I paid lost me a profit of 2500-3000 in current value. Plus I purchased that pistol over a H&K PSP a pistol I have never owned always wanted and most likely will never be able to purchase now. The fact I purchased the BRen over H@k then sold Bren never using the money for the H&k pisses me off to no end.

So so I guess just the auto mag 2 is a true bust.

I had a similar experience with a Colt King Cobra I bought many years ago (1991). Stainless steel, 6" barrel, 357 mag. Gun was just not right from the factory, and I eventually just traded it. I only paid $350 at the time, but that gun would be worth some serious money now and a competent gunsmith could probably have corrected the issues.

I've had many that were learning adventures and if I had someone in the know around when I was younger (and I would have listed to them) could have saved me some money. Most of them I came out ok on trade/sale, etc.

The absolute worst gun I ever purchased was a Llama 9mm sort of 1911 (not 100% compat with 1911 parts, I don't believe). Gun would absolutely not run. Housing for the safety spring plunger (hopefully correct terminology, as I'm not a 1911 guy) was made of soft plastic and broke among other things. Even after that was "fixed" the gun never would make it through a mag. The edges on that gun were so sharp, I cut myself all the way down my palm field stripping it. I sold the gun at a pawn shop as there was no way I was going to sell it/trade it to someone directly. To this day still not really interested in 1911's. (I had another excursion with a bubba'd 1911 build as well). I know I chose poorly on the 1911 front, but I just moved on back in the 1992 time frame and have never come back to them.
    Been pretty much fantastic plastic since then for me, with a few exceptions along the way.

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    ​All of them, I haven't had to shoot anyone yet.
    Only one I didn't care for was a Keltec p3at. Not really a waste (got it for a good deal and sold it for a $10 profit), but was just too small for me to get a proper grip.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I posted earlier about a Japanese rifle I bought with no rifling! But I just remembered one just as bad. In the early 1960's I bought a 12Ga shotgun, I think it was a Winchester. This was a single shot, break-open with full choke and a very long barrel. At the time I had shot many 12 gage shotguns and high power rifles, but this gun actually knocked me down. Think I paid $15 for it, quit shooting it as I found I was closing my eyes when pulling the trigger as it hurt so bad. A good friend wanted it, he was an ex-golden glove heavyweight champion and said recoil didn't bother him. Sold it to him for $8, he shot it a few times and gave it to his brother, said it hurt too bad to shoot. I asked him why he was mad at his brother. Guess his brother had laughed at him and said he was a puXXy, Didn't follow it any farther, imagine it ended up in the trash. Don't know what was wrong with the gun, must have been the stock design as it just hammered you when it fired. I have fired many high power including a Weatherby .416 without any problem!

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I had a kahr cw380 that just would not run. Looked like the ejector was milled bad and had burrs that would snag on shells and create unreliable ejection. Did a little home gun smithing with a diamond file and smoothed everything up. It then ejected fine but once that problem was taken care of an underlying failure to reliably feed became apparent. I unloaded it. Will never own a kahr again. Plus the whole " you have to shoot 500 rounds to break it in" BS. Didn't need to break in any of my other guns to make them run. They ran already and just got better.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I posted earlier about a Japanese rifle I bought with no rifling! But I just remembered one just as bad. In the early 1960's I bought a 12Ga shotgun, I think it was a Winchester. This was a single shot, break-open with full choke and a very long barrel. At the time I had shot many 12 gage shotguns and high power rifles, but this gun actually knocked me down. Think I paid $15 for it, quit shooting it as I found I was closing my eyes when pulling the trigger as it hurt so bad. A good friend wanted it, he was an ex-golden glove heavyweight champion and said recoil didn't bother him. Sold it to him for $8, he shot it a few times and gave it to his brother, said it hurt too bad to shoot. I asked him why he was mad at his brother. Guess his brother had laughed at him and said he was a puXXy, Didn't follow it any farther, imagine it ended up in the trash. Don't know what was wrong with the gun, must have been the stock design as it just hammered you when it fired. I have fired many high power including a Weatherby .416 without any problem!

OMG this brings back a memory. When I was about 16 I borrowed a single shot (forgot brand) 16 gauge from a high school friend.
    My brother and his friend and me were hunting in high corn. We did not see a thing. When i returned to the car. I found out I lost the front stock.
    I purchased the 16 gauge for $10.00 what he paid his friend for it.
    At 16 I was the scrawny kid on the block. When my brother and I went to shoot trap.
    Everyone would laugh. Every shot I took. My front leg went a good foot up off the ground.
    When I went into the Air Force. My Dad stole I mean sold everything that was mine.
    Well I was use to that. He did it my first 18 years of my life. And then after I was married and on my own.
    After he died. I found things that I was missing.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glock 19. After roughly 800 rounds I still don't like it. I also own a Glock 23 and it is possibly my favorite handgun. I'm weird, I know. :dunno:

Not weird. I had the exact same experience. Bought not one, but two G19s, thinking they'd be as good as my G23. I loved my G23 (still do) and I shot it well. Try as I might, I could not get used to the G19s and let them both go. Still have the G23 though.

Top Bottom