• ...and so much more!
  • Dwight D

Marksman
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Both IN and FL
    I have average size hands, maybe a little on the small size of average. As a former USMC marksmanship instructor I guess I have maybe a different take on things. Back in the day my job was to teach everyone to shoot a 1911 good enough to qualify and on the old bullseye course this was not simple. The biggest task was to get guys to focus on the front sight, maintain perfect sight alignment and good sight picture,maintain a proper grip, and exercise good trigger control. If that was done, the man qualified, if not he failed, just that simple. My point is that we did not have the luxury of picking what weapon to shoot based on size or preference. I have learned over the years to not blame the weapon, ( the exceptions being some real POS ;) ) and just overcome any difficulties. I even learned to shoot a Desert Eagle well enough to kill a couple of deer with it. With all that humdrum I suppose the 2 main handguns I find easiest to shoot well will be no surprise to hard core handgunners. A 1911 and a SW K, L or N frame. They were just made right the first time!

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Surprisingly, a GLOCK 21, and not the SF version, either.

It really DOESN'T fit my hand, as my hands are rather small, but I am still more accurate with it than any of my other handguns. Not sure why.........

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    M&P 9mm Pro Series (4.25" barrel)

I have medium/ large hands and the M&P not only points well, but it shoots AMAZINGLY well.

Light recoil, accurate, fast trigger, hard to beat.

Vanguard.45

sonofadoublegun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    NW - near Munster
    G17

The Gun I shoot best: My Glock 17.

The Mods: I removed the finger groves from the frame. - took a loooong time to do, but blends in nicely...

My Hand: big palms with short chunky fingers (LOL)

Thanks!
    SODG

Neezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    someone else mentioned a 6 inch ruger gp100. my feelings are similar, but just a bit different. i happen to like the ruger gp100 3 inch fixed site. i want to make it clear that this gun has the now discontinued small rubber grips with wood inserts. i have small to medium size hands and this gun and grip combo is awesome for me. feels good, return to target quick, and as a bonus, it looks good to

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

I don't know if I ~shoot~ it the best, but I feel the best when I shoot it - CZ52 @ 7.62x25.

It's just good old-fashioned handgun fun too.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I shoot all my handguns extremely well but I shoot the 1911 I built in 38 Super just a bit better than most of them, it is also one of the most accurate handguns I own...

newschool1911.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I think a person adapts to the handgun that they work with the most. I started 30 some years ago with K frame sized revolvers shooting conventional bullseye indoors. I went from there to PPC matches with K frame sized revolvers, even though they were highly modified. Then I started shooting Bowling Pin Matches, with a large frame revolver. When I started using a 1911, it was ugly. Then I kept shooting Pins and went to plates and action pistol. My skills with the 1911 increased to the point I felt very natural with that chassis. I started going to a race gun but decided to put the pistol back to modified stock configuration, leaving the comp barrel in the parts bin. I have a Smith & Wesson semi auto that feels a little awkward compared to a .45, but I'll bet if that is all I shot, it would become my easiest pistol to shoot.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Large hands here. Best fit and accuracy is with my stock Beretta 92FS. That handgun is smoother than polished oiled glass. Closely followed by stock Kahr P9 and stock CZ82. Used to own a Glock 23 but was never able to get used to the fit of the grip.

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Average hand size.
    There are two I shot very well, my Kimber Ultra Carry II and my FN FNX-40.

moea222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    I have a Medium size hand. Good feel and great balance w/ my 9mm FNP. I held several before picking out this handgun. Very happy w/ it for me.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Average, M-L gloves.

Best? HK P7.

pickhk.jpg

Followed by East German Mak.
    Mak-bAfter.jpg

Both single stack with fixed barrels.

Best double stack for me? Sig 226.

Best overall compromise of what I like to carry AND enjoy shooting? 3rd Gen Smiths in .45.

IMG_5256.jpg

I do NOT like a fat, wide grip.

Kelzo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    I was glad to see the first response was a Hi-Point 9. I seem to shot my Hi-Point C9 more accurately than my Taurus PT 111. I first picked it up so I would have something cheap for friends to shoot when we went shooting. I have to say it has grown on me.

Top Bottom