• Status
    Not open for further replies.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Ive been preparing now for quit a while. i have several action plans for different levels of disaster. I also constantly train, running through my action plans, and keeping my certs up to date. I am also a certified medical first responder, so i have great ALS and BLS kits and smaller EMT pouches too. I have made a few BOB and 2 caches in undisclosed places around my RP.
    Im on the south side of Indy just a couple seconds north of greenwood. Id like to meet some like minded people in my area to hang out with, prepare action plans with, shoot, train with, etc. if anyone around that area is interested pm me please. Im former military and i have things and info to share too. just looking for friends, good conversation, and hang out time. I hear about all these groups up north and im jealous. thanks

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    hey guys i have been reading a lot of posts
    being of the older gen. has any body thought about packing a good pair of
    reading glasses and some good toilet paper :draw:

If you read thru all of this you will see where one guy bought extra reading glasses to have and to barter if need be. It's stuff like that people dont think about and will still need:rockwoot:

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    If you read thru all of this you will see where one guy bought extra reading glasses to have and to barter if need be. It's stuff like that people dont think about and will still need:rockwoot:

Topped off my can of training ammo for the .357's. I re-load .38 wadcutters for low cost training ammo.

Picked up a one man tent used, went over it and sewed up some rips. Now I need to go out and test it.

A note on reading glasses; I haven't got to try any yet, but there are now self-adjustable reading glasses that might make a pretty good prep as either a trade good or to replace your own glasses.

Self-Adjustable Glasses for Third World - ABC News

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I try and have extra rx glasses around. I usually get the same frame each time and since my rx hasn't changed, I'm ready to go. What that does is let me fix them if they break by having the same parts. I recently checked out Rec Specs, and yes they are ugly, but they are cheap, and I'm hoping durable. There are a couple versions available, but I think they might work well in a SHTF situation.
    recspecs_resize.jpg

emfloyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Greenwood
    just did some organizing in the storage. need to get to sams and get some things this sat. going threw the storage made me see that $15 or $20 extra a week adds up quick!

oneford4x4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    fountain square
    just started to prepare for thing made two list of wait I have and wait I don't both list seem long but still in fare shape I have A lot of food with long life fare amount of ammo have A lot to do but moving forewere.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    This week...

I prepared a "60 second" bag, picked up a few dried goods/canned goods (a few things each time I do any grocery shopping is the norm), and got a new knife.

Good week, I'd say.

Indiana_Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Bought a Mossberg 12 gauge to replace my single shot break open.

That said, I'm very pleased to see so many people making preps unrelated to guns and ammo. The guys whose plan = firepower are only preparing to be our biggest problem and won't last long anyway.

Good comments about eye glasses here. If you're like me, and can't see crap without some help, here is a great site: https://www.zennioptical.com/home.php
    Yah, it's Asian made eyeware, but it's just fine and you can stock up on extra pairs for about $10. Buy extras for you and yours. (and, if your like me and wear contacts, ask your optometrist for a copy of your eyeglass prescription, which is a little different, and use it to buy the specs.)

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I got some dental work done that I've been putting off. A couple more months and a couple more dollars and it will be all done.

I'm self employed with no dental insurance so it takes a little time but WTSHTF, I don't intend to die from a freaking tooth infection or wince every time I bit beef jerky.

Good move...going through this myself...almost done...most people don't think about this type of thing as a prep:yesway:

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    * Up to running a mile at a time, 2 weeks ago I couldn't get past a half mile without stopping
    * Got the deal of the century on a barely used honda generator
    * Still buying extra food every week

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    found 500 wwb 45 ammo and bought it all for a sweet price, which was perfect cause i was getting low. also put all my rice and beans in mylar bags and sealed them up with o2 absorbers inside. turned out really well and was much easier than i thought. also got 2 550 packs of federal 22lr.

btw i love this thread cause it keeps me on my game

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Got a new set of dies and two bulllet molds for my 44 hunting gun.
    Putting pork loin into brine right now to make 25 lbs of canadian bacon.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Got my bonus today.....

After paying bills, putting money in account for next semesters college payments I have $900 bucks left for mad money.....

Geesh......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom