• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I don't even know what would qualify it as being "tactical". It is painted black, but at the same time the wheels and grill are bright red. I don't even see any recovery points or places to mount machine guns. :dunno:

Exactly. I love a good truck especially one built for off road but looking at that makes me want to :puke:It looks like a pile of :poop:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Tactical

"Tactical" is a word a retailer puts on the tags of everything that's been collecting dust on his shelves. He then puts a "SALE" sign in the window, marks it up 50%, crosses out that price, marks it back to 25% over the original price, and waits for the su..........uh, I mean operators to roll on in!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Tactical this and tactical that seems to be so focused on "special" equipment. I do not care if you are preparing for home defense, being a security guard, hunting, match shooting, or anything else in life, the equipment does not buy competency. Whatever your goal is, the answer is in mental prep, training and practice. From what I have witnessed, a good number of those you see completely decked out with "tactical" purchases do not have the mental or physical skill sets to perform.

I am encouraged to hear about the return to marksmanship skills as taught through the appleseed project. I am looking forward to seeing one in person.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Leo, you would have a BALL at an Appleseed. Go to one as a "new" shooter. Absorb the GREAT instruction, earn the patch and the orange hat and pass it on.

I earned my orange hat a couple of years ago and am not as active as I would like, but it is worthy of your attention. And it would benefit from your skills.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That truck would be sweet with some 16" wheels, color matched front end, lose the headlight and tail light covers, and remove the stupid badges. They'd probably actually be able to sell it.
    Hell, just loose the Red front and the Rims. I bet it would sell even witht eh badges on it...

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    That truck would be sweet with some 16" wheels, color matched front end, lose the headlight and tail light covers, and remove the stupid badges. They'd probably actually be able to sell it.

Hell, just loose the Red front and the Rims. I bet it would sell even witht eh badges on it...

I tend to agree but it can be dangerous letting the Red front and the Rims get loose. :D

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Wait...You guys don't all have tactical underwear??? I was skeptical at first, but after my tactiacl socks worked so well I just had to have them!

I agree, overused term that is for marketing use. Sure brings in some extra money from all the mall ninjas. :mallninja:

You think that's cool....i bought tactical condoms...they allow me to sneak around without people knowing....now those are useful!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    These are tactical!

Z
    images

images

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    OK, I gotta question. Why do all the Cops and COs gotta drive tacticool, and very expensive Hummers and tactical SUVs? Are they feeling neglected that the SWAT dudes get all the cool stuff. I noticed on the IMPD Hummer, it said it was paid for by your local drug dealer. Gotta tell you, doesn't make me feel any better. Maybe the money should go back into the public coffers so I, a private sector citizen, don't have to pay so much in property and other local taxes.

Sorry if I thread jacked. Had to say it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's a mall Ninja word. Tactical refers to tactics. IE: tactical entry for example. Just because you have every damn add on availabe on your AR does not mean it's tactical.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    My silverado is more tactical than that truck, mud tires, off road lamps, slim profile truck box, full tinted windows, straight pipe exhaust for the intimidation factor, black front bumper and trim, camo interior, red interior lamps "i work nights, easier for me to see the laptop keys and then jump out and have good night vision, also does not light me up when trying to sneak around", Not that I do much sneaking with a straight pipe.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    My silverado is more tactical than that truck, mud tires, off road lamps, slim profile truck box, full tinted windows, straight pipe exhaust for the intimidation factor, black front bumper and trim, camo interior, red interior lamps "i work nights, easier for me to see the laptop keys and then jump out and have good night vision, also does not light me up when trying to sneak around", Not that I do much sneaking with a straight pipe.
    Does yours have a Tactical badge? I didn't think so.

Not tactical.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I believe the BATF has defined TACTICAL as "Having no sporting purpose as defined by the 1968 Gun Control Act."

Therefore, tactical firearms are evil, while non-tactical firearms are just ill-mannered.

:nono:

Top Bottom