What is the most disgusting food you have ever eaten?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    I'm sure this has been done before but another thread got me thinking,
    What is the most disgusting food you have ever eaten?
    I accidentally ate a big black ant once. Tasted like aspirin.
    My wife has eaten (she thinks but is not certain. Didn't ask and didn't really want to know.) dog in rural China back in the 80s.
    How about this: Surströmming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I was married to my ex for over 23 years, too many to list. She couldn't boil water without burning it.

Seriously, a friend once gave me a chocolate covered wafer and asked me to try it. It turned out to be some kind of chocolate covered spider.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I tried eating a plantain the other day, thinking it would taste like a banana. That was pretty rough. Not the worst ever, but nasty.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Sea Urchin.

I was in Capri and me a and few buddies thought it a good idea to race out out to this rock a couple hundred yards of the beach. I swim out there, and it was a lot further than it looked, so I thought I'd rest on this rock. I get up on it, and it's covered in sea urchins. I step on one, it hurts so I jump and the other foot lands on another one. Damn things hurt like hell and the rest of the weekend I was picking spines out of my feet.

Fast forward a few years and I'm at a japanese restaurant. I see sea urchin sushi on the menu, and I think to myself "At last! REVENGE!!" I order up a plate full. It arrives and I'm chomping at the bit to finally get back at the little prickly bastards. I take the first bite and start retching. That bad. Imagine an extremely bitter piece of old fish that has nearly liquefied into the consistency of a wet booger.

Sea Urchins 2, Rob 0. :xmad:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh come on, haggis isn't that bad, try some balut. I'd have to be pretty drunk, which I am, but I don't have any, so I guess I won't. Solves that problem.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Veg-all casserole courtesy of grandma's house.:D

My grandmother is an awesome cook, but she really needs to stop the whole Veg-all thing. I have had haggis, and borscht, and various other foreign foods, and Veg-all makes me gag by smell. Or boiled rutabagas...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Haggis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More for the look at knowing what was in it. It still did not taste very good.

We eat Haggis every time we go to Scotland. Usually have it 3 or 4 times each trip. Its actually quite good. I can't find any good Haggis here in the US or we would eat it more often. Its especially good with mashed turnips and mashed potatoes, makes a great meal. Even my wife will eat it and she's not thrilled about a lot of different foods.

Kishka and Hurka are not even allowed to be cooked in the house when she is home. Those are both Eastern European blood sausages similar in texture to Haggis but black from the cooked blood. Link => Kishka (food: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article)

She also won't let me cook Czarnina if she is home, which is duck blood soup. Link => Recipe: POLISH CZARNINA

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    We eat Haggis every time we go to Scotland. Usually have it 3 or 4 times each trip. Its actually quite good. I can't find any good Haggis here in the US or we would eat it more often. Its especially good with mashed turnips and mashed potatoes, makes a great meal. Even my wife will eat it and she's not thrilled about a lot of different foods.

Kishka and Hurka are not even allowed to be cooked in the house when she is home. Those are both Eastern European blood sausages similar in texture to Haggis but black from the cooked blood. Link => Kishka (food: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article)

She also won't let me cook Czarnina if she is home, which is duck blood soup. Link => Recipe: POLISH CZARNINA

You sir are a stronger man than I. The reason you can't find good haggis in the US is because of import laws. Lung and the lining I believe can not be imported anymore. We tried to find some for a Burns dinner and could only find a semi replacement (didn't break my heart at all).

Top Bottom