What is the most expensive gun in your collection?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    My AR I just built-

IMG_5454.jpg

ssgjason

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Southern IN
    This quote below is me, except I was 7, got the rifle when I was 13 and I just lost my Father in April.

The single most important gun I own is not very expensive .

It is a remington 550-1 .22 semi auto ..

The reason it is the most important to me is , It was the first gun I ever shot in my life , It was my fathers gun , when I was around 3 or 4 years old he would hold it up for me and let me pull the trigger ...
    He finally gave it to me when i got married and moved out on my own ,
    And since i just lost my father in november it has come to mean even more than ever to me ...:ingo:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have to change my "most important" gun from my IHC Garand to a single barrel 12 ga Winchester 37 that my father bought for me at Heldt & Voelker hardware store on west Franklin street in Evansville in 1962. It kicks like a mule but that was my first gun and he laid out the outrageous sum of $26. A real father/son moment. Dad died in '95.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My most valuable is a 16ga JC Higgins Bolt-Action shotgun that my father picked up when I was a kid. Last time I was at a gun show, someone had one on a table for $100.
    My father refinished the stock and it was the first shotgun I ever shot and the one he'd let me carry when we went bird hunting. He lives across the country now and I have boys of my own, but I'll never forget those precious times. It has always been a great gun, and I've several times out shot pump gun folks with it when we tossed some clays in the air. I have since worn out the carrier assembly and have tried unsuccessfully to find a replacement. So now it sits and gets taken out and oiled occasionally.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Parke County
    I don't know the value, but all of my grandfather's guns are priceless to me. When he passed away, his guns were split up between his children. Out of the ones we have (quite a large number), I enjoy using the Belgium Superposed and Belgium Auto-5 the most, but I enjoy retelling the stories associated with his Browning Safari in .458 Win and his Weatherby V in .460 Wby.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    My most expensive, would have to be my first and so far only gun... Ruger P94 40sw

Just out of curiosity, all this talk about "lost in boating accident".... Is it some sort of an inside joke, amongst members here? Or are there a lot of idiots that don't know how to drive a boat?

Top Bottom