What is the most expensive gun in your collection?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not too long ago, it'd have been my Springfield EMP.

Then it was my H&K P7

These days, it might be my 1912-made Winchester 1897 takedown 12ga, but there's only about 5% original bluing left. It's not in usable condition, either. So probably not...

Or it might be my mid-1880's SxS external lock 12ga Damascus steel Belgian-made shotgun with the carved horn butt plate. But probably not because it's had a home-made repair to one of the firing pins, not a "real" brand, and doesn't lock up tight at all. Even if you could find super low pressure BP cartridges, I'd not want to fire it. The German Walnut furniture IS gorgeous, though.

So it's probably up to my 1st Gen Walther P99... Which is, conveniently enough, for sale in the classifieds in this very website!!!!

-J-

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Most priceless ,my dads mossberg trap W/slug barrel shotgun.He never shot it since he got it & it sits in my safe the same way.I just cant bring myself to shoot it either.

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    My "Most Valuable Gun" Stevens 12ga. single shot. My grandpa gave it to my dad and he gave it to me and I will give it to my son.
    It was my first gun and I shot many a rabbit.

MostValuable.jpg

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    my 9422 lever action is the most valuable in both sense in my collection. my first gun and it is selling at nearly 3 times the price that was paid for it when i got it for christmas. all though i'm in the process of my ar build, and i know it will top the price when i'm done with it.

jpserv

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Greenfield
    I would have to say as far as price, my m4, but sentimental value would be an ag .22 my great uncle took off a german soldier in ww2.

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    that would have to be the Fausti Class SL, 12 Ga., O/U Shotgun. My uncle taught me how to shoot skeet with it and gave it to me as a gift. Had no idea he paid over 2 thousand for it. shortly thereafter he divorced my aunt and we havent heard from him since. since he was my favorite uncle, that makes this my most valuable firearm by far

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    A pair of mummy wrapped Enfield No4 MkII's. They were bought as a set, both mummy wrapped, and consecutive serialized. I unwrapped one, cleaned it up, but have yet to fire it. These bring about 800-1000 each.
    No4Mk21-1.jpg

MummyEnfield1.jpg

I guess my Colt 1911 Commercial model built in 1919. It has been re-blued so it is not worth as much as a unmolested example.
    Colt191110.jpg

Or my original Russian Mosin 91/30 sniper.
    Russiansniper913016.jpg

These are all about equal value so it is a toss up.

RHorn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2009
    Noblesville
    Expensive when purchased or current value? My M4 is probably the most expensive as purchased but I have no idea what anything else is really worth.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    valuewise unsure... Importance is a toss up... Either the M1 Garand my father in law gave me, or the mossberg 20ga that was my dad's that my brother and I first used to hunt...

Top Bottom