• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    IN that case you can build a pistol and run the brace while you wait for the stamp to come in. Once it does you can remove the brace and pistol tube, install your stock and sell the brace and tube for the next guy who wants to do the same.

I'm so anal that I don't want my name engraved on my NFA items so I'm restricted to buying factory NFA items lol.

Believe it I not, I JUST turned in the paperwork for that 6.8 SBR about a month ago. I even forgot about it for several months. I believed the whole NFA thing would be gone and waited until January. I finally gave up and was told I should have it approved sometime in September or October.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Your Trust name doesn't need to have your actual name in it. You could engrave "Phylodog" if you want.

I got my SBR before the brace craze. I just wanted a shorter rifle to run with a suppressor. I doubt I'll ever do another SBR and in fact have an unassembled pistol kit in the safe now.

It's not so much having my name on a receiver as it is having anything that it didn't leave the factory with engraved on it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I am running mine as a pistol until I get paperwork back. An advantage to the pistol is that you're legally allowed to conceal them and carry, while you can't with an sbr

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I am running mine as a pistol until I get paperwork back. An advantage to the pistol is that you're legally allowed to conceal them and carry, while you can't with an sbr

Its crazy that I have to tell the ATF when I’m traveling with my SBR, but they don’t care about the pistol.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Its crazy that I have to tell the ATF when I’m traveling with my SBR, but they don’t care about the pistol.
    Pistols aren't regulated by the NFA, but the 5320 is pretty painless to fill out. I brought three SBRs to Texas a few months back.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Because it is a rifle. Not all started that honor a ccw allow long guns to be concealed. It's strongly recommend by the concealment backpack manufacturers to only conceal a pistol.

By Indiana's definition of a handgun, an SBR is a handgun. If you have a LTCH, carry away.

IC 35-47-1-6
    "Handgun"
    Sec. 6. "Handgun" means any firearm:
    (1) designed or adapted so as to be aimed and fired from one (1) hand, regardless of barrel length; or
    (2) any firearm with:
    (A) a barrel less than sixteen (16) inches in length; or
    (B) an overall length of less than twenty-six (26) inches.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd count on it staying that way as soon as the President signs the law saying it does. I want a stock on mine so I don't wind up with a face full of brass firing left handed. They leave burns. One of my projects is a bolt action that I never intend to fire except from the shoulder. I may do a folding stock on that one, but it doesn't have a place for a brace.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If you build an airstrip, planes full of herpa-derps will fly in with carbines that [insert John Frum platfrom] use.

Well, they must be some kind of deity then. I'm in with the worshipping as long as they keep bringing me guns.

Better get back to building that airstrip. :cool:

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Because it is a rifle. Not all started that honor a ccw allow long guns to be concealed. It's strongly recommend by the concealment backpack manufacturers to only conceal a pistol.
    ^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

I have a Law Tactical folding buffer tube on my 10.5 AR pistol. It will fit just about any backpack.

F676E248-54D4-4098-963C-D9AC202CA06E_zpsn9tlo8u1.jpg

Top Bottom