• ...and so much more!
  • Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    From this article:
    "This letter applies solely to pistol arm braces which have been submitted to the ATF FTB branch and have received approval. SB Tactical is the only maker to have received this approval. If you have a non-SB Tactical pistol brace, this ruling does not apply to your brace. Shoulder those at your own risk."

I guess I'm not allowed to shoulder my KAK brace.
    shockwave stated on their Facebook page that they talked to the ATF about it

no permanent attachment (loctite on set screw)
    LOP (for lack of better term) under 13.5"

BUT again, the ATF 'opinion' letter applies to sporadic, situational or incidental shouldering.

the NFA definition of designed, or redesigned made, or remade and intended to be fired from the shoulder. If you buy a non braced pistol, brace it and intend to, and not just sporadically or situationally shoulder it, you can be in trouble. Go with the factory option, buy a pre-braced pistol, then you didn't make or remake and intend to shoulder it. Simple mis-use of a weapon isn't redesigning it. following the NFA definition of a handgun, for instance, makes most of us felons if we shoot a pistol with two hands.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I must say this is a very enjoyable firearm to shoot. Whenever I get the approval for my 6.8 SPC SBR, it will be fun to do a side-by-side comparison.

s0F3ito.jpg

pFR6I38.jpg

tUTYdPI.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    My SBR is an ar15 reciever with an insert for the 45acp upper. I was told that to convert calibers that I could do so temporarily without any permissions. They mentioned that I could let them know in writing, but not necessary. So I'll store it with the 45 upper and keep my 223 and 300 separate. I think the AR is probably the easiest platform to maximize versatility and stretch your Dollar.

I may keep the brace and put together a pistol to leave in that configuration just for a conceal option. Separate upper of course.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I must say this is a very enjoyable firearm to shoot. Whenever I get the approval for my 6.8 SPC SBR, it will be fun to do a side-by-side comparison.

s0F3ito.jpg

pFR6I38.jpg

tUTYdPI.jpg

This is very close to what I want to build. I want a 300BLK pistol that will break down to fit in my motorcycle box.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This is very close to what I want to build. I want a 300BLK pistol that will break down to fit in my motorcycle box.

That was my goal. Looking at all the laws and allowances by the ATF, I’m hoping this will meet their standards as summer and the new riding season approaches. This will fit in my bike’s saddle bag and I won’t have to worry about any notifications as I travel to Daytona, Sturgis, Laconia, etc.

judgecrater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    As stated above. When I assembled my less than 16" barreled firearm it was always with the intention to shoulder so I created a rifle in the eyes of the atf thus requiring registration. Everyone here can kid themselves and hide behind the grey area but the fact is if you assembled your pistol configured AR with the intention of shouldering it the your breaking the law. Your only saving grace is that intent to that extent can not be proven. And some more food for thought, just cause you don't get caught doesn't make you less of a criminal
    You make me feel so guilty. Not.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Although I'm awaiting paperwork for an SBR remington 870, I lean more to the side of using pistol braces on SMG/AR15 set ups. Less paper work, less $$$, can easily take with me when traveling to other states.

cosmos556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    Greenwood
    Although I'm awaiting paperwork for an SBR remington 870, I lean more to the side of using pistol braces on SMG/AR15 set ups. Less paper work, less $$$, can easily take with me when traveling to other states.

Well, technically, it’s an SBS for a shotgun and SBR for a rifle.

Not sure how much cheaper they are; you save what, about $100 on brace versus stock for an AR-15, maybe less than that on a non-AR? Given the cost of most decent builds, that’s not very much savings that could easily be offset by waiting for the right sale while waiting for F1/F4 approval.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    With the laws as they are today, we’re all criminals. It is statistically impossible for you to not be a criminal with the amount of laws and the stupidity of some of the laws on the books.....and we all know that ignorance of the law does not excuse you from breaking it.

Stupid laws are just that.....stupid. Choose to follow which ones you believe in and weigh the risk accordingly. Or be a good little drone and follow all laws, because government mommy knows what’s best for you.

As stated above. When I assembled my less than 16" barreled firearm it was always with the intention to shoulder so I created a rifle in the eyes of the atf thus requiring registration. Everyone here can kid themselves and hide behind the grey area but the fact is if you assembled your pistol configured AR with the intention of shouldering it the your breaking the law. Your only saving grace is that intent to that extent can not be proven. And some more food for thought, just cause you don't get caught doesn't make you less of a criminal

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    With the laws as they are today, we’re all criminals. It is statistically impossible for you to not be a criminal with the amount of laws and the stupidity of some of the laws on the books.....and we all know that ignorance of the law does not excuse you from breaking it.

Stupid laws are just that.....stupid. Choose to follow which ones you believe in and weigh the risk accordingly. Or be a good little drone and follow all laws, because government mommy knows what’s best for you.

Yep.
    I hope no one here is a catfish noodler...

Sec. 1 . (a) Except as allowed by sections 3 and 11 of this chapter, an individual may not take fish from waters containing state owned fish, waters of the state, or boundary waters of the state by the following:
    (1) Means of:
    (A) a weir;

(B) an electric current;

(C) dynamite or other explosive;

(D) a net;

(E) a seine;

(F) a trap;  or

(G) any other substance that has a tendency to stupefy or poison fish.

(2) Means of the following:
    (A) A firearm.

(B) The hands alone.

(b) The methods or devices in this section may be possessed and used:
    (1) under special permit issued by the director under rules that the director provides;  or

(2) as otherwise provided by law.

Indiana Code Title 14. Natural and Cultural Resources § 14-22-9-1 | FindLaw

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Justify it however you like. It is what it is and people will do as they will. I have no dog in the fight as far as the choices they make, but history has always proven someone always burns.

Top Bottom