• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To walk the warrior path, and prepare one's self for the fight, whatever that fight may be, whenever it may come. This is what it takes to be truely prepared.

2011-10-24_14-07-34_39.jpg

2011-10-23_13-29-31_370.jpg

2011-10-23_14-05-37_623.jpg

training.jpg

HRCCShootingPackage-CamdenTN-Sep-39.jpg

Just my opinion. Your path may look different.

Discuss.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Working out, reading and shooting? Aren't those called hobbies? Props to keeping in shape, though, gym time and range time take up most of my week as well. [and lots of food time.]

What brand are those bumper plates? I've been looking to get a couple 45s for a while now, I like the way those lock together.

Also, wtf is happening in that last picture?

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Working out, reading and shooting CAN be hobbies. I could walk the mall or play tennis, read vampire novels and shoot bullseye but that ain't gonna prep me much for the fight.

I workout for personal combat, to hit hard and fast, to carry a ruck and to drag a 200 pound man from a burning car, under fire.

I STUDY to increase my knowledge of any subject related to fighting and survival. That stack of books is just a tenth of my library.

Shooting? There is plinking and marksmanship masturbation, and then there is training. The first shooting pic is a guy getting professional training under a highly qualified instructor. IMO one should seek out professional training, and then practice those new skills regularly. Anything you pick up that flows into your fighting style needs to be pressure tested against reality and then integrated into the system that works for you. This transcends "shooting a gun". A valid fighting style should be consistant across all platforms from empty hand to edged weapons, to pistol, carbine and beltfed machine gun. Seamlessly.

That last pic is a bunch of dudes executing a live fire reaction to an ambush on their convoy and breaking contact. They are working on bounding away under cover fire, while dragging and treating a wounded team mate (range dummy). They will also do this livefire at night with burning cars providing the backlighting. Thats pressure testing.

I don't know what type of plates those are. They are at the gym. I will check for you.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    . That stack of books is just a tenth of my library.

I also have a considerable library, it just doesn't include that many books on the subject of the fighting mindset.

I have a few survival manuals and field guides as well as some .mil reference material but very little of that covers the fighting mindset.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    And it was the guy in the middle. The one on the low left is asleep, and the one by the car is just admiring those sweet rims. And don't EVER let those two guys on the right drag ME if I'm wounded -- how 'bout you flip me rightside up and stop kicking me in the face?!

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The face down wounded guy was found face down. I have been handled rougher than that when dragged by dudes. I really hate it when their muzzles bob me in the head as they are running.

To the poster who said he would not want to be dragged by these dudes. I would. At least they are training to pull a downed comradre out of the kill zone, as fast as they can and get him behind cover to treat him if they can. Thats what it's all about. Not packaging for transport on an EMS. I'd rather be worked over by these meatheads than left behind by a 400 pound bench shooter on a CPAP.

HRCCShootingPackage-CamdenTN-Sep-42.jpg

Oooo, looky. He's face down. tsk tsk.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I think I need to move to Fort Wayne lol. But in all seriousness, these are things I want to get involved in, it's just rough to find time and money for all of it. (work full time and school) I am slowly working towards it though. Thanks for the reminder to go work out lol.

Top Bottom