• the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Buying guns and gear is good.

How are you training with them?

and WHAT scenarios do you plan/try to prepare and train for?...........self-defense only vs a full on SHTF situation could drastically alter training priorities or methodologies along with other factors

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Bringing this thread back. Heres my start. I wish more people would had posted pics.
    IMAG0032.jpg

one thing you might add to this mix is a good secondary weapon.....a must in some situations and you don't want to be caught in one of them without it before figuring it out

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    one thing you might add to this mix is a good secondary weapon.....a must in some situations and you don't want to be caught in one of them without it before figuring it out

He has pistol mags, so I'd guess there's a pistol in there somewhere.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Oh yeah. The gastube and white/chrome bolt carrier threw me. That front sight and no dimple reciever is all WAAR 10 though. I am getting rusty.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Oh yeah. The gastube and white/chrome bolt carrier threw me. That front sight and no dimple reciever is all WAAR 10 though. I am getting rusty.
    The combination suppressor, non-dimpled receiver, and underfolder is what threw me. I knew it was a WASR, but having that flash hider with an underfolder is different. I am not an "AK expert" though. It doesn't really matter so long as you can identify a weapons relative caliber, capacity, and perhaps sights, and barrel length to know its capabilities when up against it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    ive accumulated a lot of them over the years, got my first two in 2003.
    I've had a number of them over the years...and my job in the military required me to be able to identify weapons we may encounter...but IMO, an AK is an AK...It does the same thing and is equally reliable no matter what it's specifics are...and so I personally don't feel a need to concern myself with that level of detail in the platform....again, so long as I can ID it's capabilities when/if put up against it in a situation....there's too many variants to keep track of these days for an overall reliable platform

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I've had a number of them over the years...and my job in the military required me to be able to identify weapons we may encounter...but IMO, an AK is an AK...It does the same thing and is equally reliable no matter what it's specifics are...and so I personally don't feel a need to concern myself with that level of detail in the platform....again, so long as I can ID it's capabilities when/if put up against it in a situation....there's too many variants to keep track of these days for an overall reliable platform

My response was to Zero_ek about the amount of kettlebells I own.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I didn't quote him and probably should've. I actually have less than I did a couple of years ago where I was training classes of 10 at a time out of my home. I had 20 total, now I have 12.
    :n00b: lol...that's a lot.....got any ground mats you don't want? lol

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Nope, I've got 24' sq that I bought in puzzle mat form from MC Sports. I wish I could get ahold of a wrestling mat for cheap.
    Yeah, same here...I'd like to have the mats particularly for anyone I instruct...but I have no problem hitting the ground...it's almost all we had in the military so it doesn't bother me any.........Dicks had some 3'x6' individual workout mats for like $60, but for the price it would take to get a 12x12 it wouldn't be any cheaper than just buying one............

how do you like those puzzle mats?

Top Bottom