What kind of firepower do you keep in your vehicle if any?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Just curious, but how do you jeep guys keep items like guns & ammo secured while you're away? I'm really interested in buying a soft top wrangler, but I don't know how people keep their gear locked up. I could always mount a lock box in the back, but then there isn't much room to begin with. Any suggestions?
    Just get the hardtop with full doors and pull them off when you feel the need to go commando. They all come off very easily.

I have not rigged a Wrangler or any Jeep product in awhile but I use to have a rig in the garage that I made myself that allowed me to pop the top by myself. Unscrew it, rig it, lift it and drive away. Then back under it and drop it on when I was done. You put a hard lockable box behind the rear seat and use saddle bags on the roll bars. But when the soft top is on you consider any contents gone in 60 seconds. Very bad idea. I always took everything out.

A laptop bag stuffed with Glocks and a Keltec carbine that uses the same mags is a good small vehicle set up. MY GF has one in her SUV but a Wrangler should be considered a toy unless it is all you own.

mikeh53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Makes ya kinda wonder sometimes

While reading this thread I had a thought...

I wonder who elce is reading our post? Personaly... I am not so sure I want ummmm some folks knowing some things... What do the rest of you think... They say... once on the net... for ever on the net...

Let me say... I have more than one tool in my tool box, depending on what I am trying to acomplish....

nough said?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm not worried about it because I'm not doing anything illegal, or more importantly immoral.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    my (insert what i chose to drive today) always has my EDC and BUG and plenty of spare magazines for both. when i get out, they go with me, unless im at work.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg

I wonder who elce is reading our post? Personaly... I am not so sure I want ummmm some folks knowing some things... What do the rest of you think... They say... once on the net... for ever on the net...

Let me say... I have more than one tool in my tool box, depending on what I am trying to acomplish....

nough said?

Only three other members on here know where I live, what I own, what I drive and what I carry. They're people I trust my life with. That's the only reason they know.

It's not like most of the people reading these post have the ability to figure out where we live. We're not breaking any laws just buy having a firearm or 4 in our vehicle.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Nothing. I don't want to leave something in the car by accident while it is parked at the bus lot. No I am not afraid of the bus lot requesting a search... What I am afraid of is someone breaking into the car and destroying the glove box or trunk trying to find something and then me having to make a report.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I wonder who else is reading our post? Personally... I am not so sure I want ummmm some folks knowing some things... What do the rest of you think... They say... once on the net... for ever on the net...

Yep!

...It's not like most of the people reading these post have the ability to figure out where we live. We're not breaking any laws just buy having a firearm or 4 in our vehicle.

With all due respect, you have a user name, a personal profile with more info and hundreds of posts to narrow down the search. Combine that up with any other related web info and I'd lay $ on a sharp 14 year old ringing your doorbell in a few hours.
    Hopefully, I'm wrong?

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    glock 38 on strongside, 870 behind the seat. 1911 citadel tucked away in the console. should i put what kind of vehicle i drive too? lololol

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    How bout this for vehicle firepower?

miniguntruck.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    My employee hand book states no firearms allowed in the service vehicle.
    At my part time job, the owner has a great response to the firearms question. "You don't see any signs on the doors saying no weapons. That goes for employees too."

If he paid more, I would make that place my full time job.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    With all due respect, you have a user name, a personal profile with more info and hundreds of posts to narrow down the search. Combine that up with any other related web info and I'd lay $ on a sharp 14 year old ringing your doorbell in a few hours.

I never mention online that I live in Fort Wayne. They'll never find out.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I unfortunately work in Illinois so easily accessible firepower is out of the question. I do carry a CZ-52 handgun in the trunk in my get home bag with about 100 rounds. I figure if the cops in IL are going to be difficult I'd rather give them a $200 gun versus what I carry in Indiana. Besides, that CZ is the only handgun I've ever owned that has never failed to go bang and bang again when I pulled the trigger. Go figure.

Top Bottom