What kind of firepower do you keep in your vehicle if any?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I too would prefer to carry but my employer (US) says not on my installation. Thus making me a sheep..:ugh:

I wouldn't say it makes you a sheep. Gadgets in themselves aren't dangerous; humans are. Although I was a transient (TAD) I carried a slingshot in my car at Ft. Rucker and Ft. Drum for months without comment. It was better than nothing.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Mossberg. In the car

IMAG0343_zps6a1b4d65.jpg

There's so much I want to say about those locks but won't on a public forum.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The value of my guns is relative to how many Federal IOU promissory notes I laid out for each.
    Those are not your guns. Your decision tree regarding those weapons is is influenced by factors that have nothing to do with your survival just professional survival. But most of us know a vehicle with work related guns can be targeted, even in the garage at home.

Not saying this applies to you but I also find a lot of people feel they are well prepped because of all their weapons provided by their employer. The same weapons they don't own and have to turn in upon leaving or retiring.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I see what you're saying and you're right that the kit has to be taylored to the area you're in. Up where you're at you've got some potentially dangerous critters especially with the wolves or getting between a momma bear and her cub. Around Indiana the worst we have are coyotes and I don't think they typically go after adults.
    Rural Indiana & Kentucky: Dog packs, poachers, thrill killers, rabid coons, pot growers, meth heads. 3 rednecks in a truck randomly blazing away with shotguns into the woods after dark where I was.

Urban: Stalked by a dog in my own yard. I didn't kill it, 2 months later it stalked, attacked and mauled the 5 year old girl 2 doors down from us. Our Daughter was 6 at the time. I was under a running Jeep Of ours I was prepping to sell and all items were OUT of it. No gun to grab. I got lucky and spotted the dog before he was close enough to attack.

Warned my Ex once there was a large Coon on the property killing small animals and too be careful. She was not. Coon went after her but my young Lab got between them first and killed the Coon but $$ for the Vet bills.

Some Eastside dogs followed the tracks up to the Northeast side then ended up in my yard.

Southside Mann road a farm dog bum rushed a guy on a bike in front of my truck where the ditch dropped right off and wrecked him big time. Have you ever crossed paths with a couple of dogs allowed to roam on a large property or farm?

These were all in the last ten years in your area, not mine and .22lr would fail in most if you had to act even under ideal terms. Don't assume the middle of nowhere Midwest USA is all that easy going.

You don't have to carry an armory but your not confined by the Geneva Convention either. AR mags filled with the right ammo can accomplish plenty.

Top Bottom