• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The reason that it was mentioned was simply that my brother never even thought of it as an issue...Concealed carry,every day,multiple visits to gunshops in a month,...I had to join INGO to realize that some people don't carry concealed at gun shows!When he told me that this had happened he was truly surprised.
    So if it was not thought of as an issue, and they've carried it concealed to multiple gunshops - why did they choose this one time and this one shop to say 'Hey, I'm carrying a fully loaded but concealed firearm when you clearly have a sign that says it's prohibited!'

I mean, would you plead the fifth amendment to the first 4 cops you talk to and then suddenly spill your beans to the fifth? Best analogy I can come up with.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    It's a shame how some gun shops wish to be treated like school "safe zones" the very root of "feel good laws". Very hypocritical, "You can't protect yourself here, but I can". Ill gladly do my shopping else where.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    i have been shopping at Bradis for years, and for years the sign on the front door says no loaded firearms. i have watched every single employee and most of the patrons of the store get muzzle swept while fingers where on the triggers hundreds of times. it takes one idiot to take a life. its simple, unload your weapon outside if you are going to be showing it off. if its loaded, keep it in the holster and dont say anything about it.
    this has nothing to do with oc vs cc. nobody in bradis cares which one you prefer. i carry openly all the time. nobody cares.
    to the op, i beleive you heard wrong or the story has been altered to make it sound worse. the guy you talked to helped my wife with a holster, and said if your pistol is loaded please go and unload it in your car, and then we will try to find one that fits.
    he is incredibly helpful. i truly enjoy talking to all the employees at bradis, they are knowledgable and they are on our side all the way.
    Remember, Gun Shop Of The Year, for a reason.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    Hollow log
    Shop somewhere else.

Its their right to administer their property the way they choose ... but if it were me, i would not partronise a buisness that did not respect or support my rights.

I dont personally care how friendly they may be, or what awards they have - if they wont let you carry then they are NOT on your side.

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    Random Coonfingering;

images

images

7017072-beautiful-sexy-girl-holding-gun--smoke-background.jpg

Summer_Glau_Pistol.jpg

I *might* need to see more pictures to fully grasp this "coonfingering" thing....

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    This thread grew 5 pages while I was reading it, lol. Seriously, I read a thread a few minutes ago about how Don was anti-gun but selling guns to make money. Everyone was pissed. Seems like this is more of the same if in a more subtle way. A "gun free zone" would be argued as ridiculous in any other situation on this forum, but if its a favorite LGS then its "their store, their rules." LMAO.

While that is true, I won't shop at a gun free zone regardless of what they are selling or for what reasons they post the sign. BUT I find the hypocrisy in this situation to be especially irritating. Some would say that they are anti-gun and just in it for the money (whatever that means) just like Don. At least they would if they were holding everyone to the same standard.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The OP may not have said, however he referred to "Plainfield" and "since Bob opened it".

I'm guessing he is referring to PSS.

The above is only a guess.

That said, it amazes me how quickly everyone jumped on the "It's Bradis!" bandwagon.

For the record, if I see a sign like that, I respect it. I turn around and find another store. If they don't welcome my gun, they don't welcome my money either.

Blessings,
    Bill

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I hate to say it, but your brother's correct response at the beginning should have been, "Ok, I'll be right back". Then he should have stepped out, unloaded it and come back in. :dunno:

All our LGS' have the same sign. I 'declare' and ask if I'm welcome. If not, and I want in, I'll pop the mag and unchamber and walk in with those in my pocket at hands reach and conduct my business. Many have the same sign with the added line "CCW's OK". This, even in PD supply stores.

In some that were super friendly, I've unloaded in a corner and even they have and we've swapped firearms for comparisons. YMMV of course.

Last edited:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    The OP may not have said, however he referred to "Plainfield" and "since Bob opened it".

I'm guessing he is referring to PSS.

The above is only a guess.

That said, it amazes me how quickly everyone jumped on the "It's Bradis!" bandwagon.

For the record, if I see a sign like that, I respect it. I turn around and find another store. If they don't welcome my gun, they don't welcome my money either.

Blessings,
    Bill

the reason most of us believe it was brads is because of this line,
    "went into the secondary shop where holsters and ammo are sold"
    i dont know how many stores have a second shop dedicated to holsters and ammo, but bradis is the only one i have seen. the op needs to chime in to clear this up.

and i have never seen a single gun shop that does not welcome your gun, but most do not want you waiving it around loaded. at thats all this story is about.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    the reason most of us believe it was brads is because of this line,
    "went into the secondary shop where holsters and ammo are sold"
    i dont know how many stores have a second shop dedicated to holsters and ammo, but bradis is the only one i have seen. the op needs to chime in to clear this up.

and i have never seen a single gun shop that does not welcome your gun, but most do not want you waiving it around loaded. at thats all this story is about.

Are you serious? Why didnt anyone tell me lmao. Is it the one on the corner behind it?

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    So if it was not thought of as an issue, and they've carried it concealed to multiple gunshops - why did they choose this one time and this one shop to say 'Hey, I'm carrying a fully loaded but concealed firearm when you clearly have a sign that says it's prohibited!'

I mean, would you plead the fifth amendment to the first 4 cops you talk to and then suddenly spill your beans to the fifth? Best analogy I can come up with.

Little too chatty?Thinking out loud? Brain Fart (trying to explain that you do not want to go to the trouble of going outside and clearing the weapon?) I have always assumed that people working in gun shops would KNOW that a lot of concealed weapons go in and out unseen! We do not need to be lectured by the overzealous...

Top Bottom