What model/caliber do you carry and why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMCsergeant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Vincennes
    Hey guys. I understand that it is all personal preference, but was just wondering what was popular nowadays. Outside opinions are always useful and interesting. Just wondering what you guys prefer and why.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Glock 26 - 9mm

Cheap ammo.
    Conceals well.
    Has a good feel to it in my hands.
    Shoot nice groups with it compared to some of my other pistols.

USMCsergeant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Vincennes
    My buddy carries a 1911. I have to admit I really like it (Kimber). My brother and my cousin both swear by glock. Both carry glock 27's. Sorry Red, I was just looking for a recent outlook on what people liked nowadays.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Sorry Red, I was just looking for a recent outlook on what people liked nowadays.
    Well, that link oughta do ya for. It spans 24 pages and 4 years of opinions, the most current being 2 hours ago:thumbsup:

Oh, and if you are looking for what pistol to buy, my opinion is a Smith and Wesson M&P 45. You could choose 9mm or .40 S&W as well. Get night sights, Apex trigger kit, and an Insight WX150 for it, and a Crimson Trace if you are into lasers. For concealed carry holsters look up www.theisholsters.com For external holsters look into Safariland.

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    Glock 22 gen 3 because of the reliability, durability, and affordabiility. The tennifer coating is very durable and its easy to customize with a wide variety of parts and accessories. I prefer the recoil and terminal ballistics of the .40 golden saber jhp's in 165 grain. I'm a pretty big guy so i have no problem CCing it IWB.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Walther PPQ in 9mm. Cheap to shoot, ambi controls as I'm a lefty, and in my opinion the best ergonomics on the market.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sure, this has been done many times, but carry choices change over time due to anything from politics, economy and weather. It's good to revisit the issue once in a while.

My choice in carry is either a Kimber Compact 1911 in .45 ACP or a CZ 75 Compact in 9mm. Which one I choose to carry on a particular day depends on a bunch of things. When I carry the 1911, I am not comfortable without at least one spare magazine and usually carry two. If I'm carrying the CZ, I am Ok without a spare, but if I'm going out, will usually carry a spare 16 rounder. If I'm not in the mood to tote the pair of 1911 spare mags, I'll carry the CZ and just clip the mag holder on when I go out.

If I'm OC'ing, I'll more often than not carry the 1911 because it's just too good looking to cover up. If it's cold and there is a chance that I'll have gloves on, I'll carry the CZ because of the larger trigger guard. If I'm going into the city or mall, I'll go with the CZ for it's capacity.

More often than not, there's a Sig P238 in my pocket, but that's not really part of the 'Which gun to carry today' but more whether or not I have pockets that will work with it.

Each day is different and every morning starts with the decision about what I'm going to do and which pistol best fits the plan of the day. I prefer the 1911, but the day often calls for the CZ instead. Both are great weapons and both have a very similar manual of arms.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    usually this, a Kimber Tactical Ultra II (its been refinished in Robar's NP3), in a Tucker Gun Leather HF1 in .45 cal

RobarKimber003.jpg

When I feel like slumming then it will either be a Glock 26 or Ruger LC9

Top Bottom