what takes longer at the mall than a woman?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    :laugh: Ahhhh, to be young and in love instead of old and married.;)
    I used to date a woman who cleverly turned trips to the mall into hunting expeditions. She would tell me she needed a gift for her aunt and that she liked turtles. So I would be busy scouring the mall hunting for turtle themed gifts while she leisurely shopped. Even when I found a turtle gift she would say it was not quite right and send me back hunting some more while she enjoyed herself shopping. She was an evil genius.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Many of us have been equally confident, equally experienced, and in some cases also past the, "yeah, but it will change as soon as there's a child"... Good luck.
    Yep. It'll change. We've been married 12 years, together 17 (well, one month shy). Neither one of us are the same person we were when we met, or even when we got married. I'd say the good gets better and the bad gets "I'm gonna ****ing kill him." Or maybe that's just me, but after 15 years of picking up after him, I'm losing the ability to let it roll off the back and let it slide. :) It'll change. It'll change.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My ex hated shopping with me and would always rush me and make me uncomfortable. I started leaving him at home. I didn't want him with me if all he was going to was complain. I enjoyed shopping so much more without him.

I don't see why guys go if they hate it so much. What's the point?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My ex hated shopping with me and would always rush me and make me uncomfortable. I started leaving him at home. I didn't want him with me if all he was going to was complain. I enjoyed shopping so much more without him.

Get the right beer and check ammo prices. Weren't you paying attention? ;)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Lesser of two evils.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Because you ask us too

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Ladies let me teach you a nice phrase to tell the husband next time you head out shopping. "I'm going shopping honey, why don't you insert chore while I am gone? Do you want me to pick up any beer or ammo while I am out? " It's a win win for both of you. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I enjoy shopping much more when my wife lets me stay home too. :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ladies let me teach you a nice phrase to tell the husband next time you head out shopping. "I'm going shopping honey, why don't you insert chore while I am gone? Do you want me to pick up any beer or ammo while I am out? " It's a win win for both of you. :)

HEY! It's so obvious now that you put it in writing like that...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yep. It'll change. We've been married 12 years, together 17 (well, one month shy). Neither one of us are the same person we were when we met, or even when we got married. I'd say the good gets better and the bad gets "I'm gonna ****ing kill him." Or maybe that's just me, but after 15 years of picking up after him, I'm losing the ability to let it roll off the back and let it slide. :) It'll change. It'll change.

Naw...you two, unless you kill each other first, are about to reach equilibrium. That's when each just realizes "that's just the way s/he is" and learn to accept the others' maddening habits as that's as good as it's going to get.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Naw...you two, unless you kill each other first, are about to reach equilibrium. That's when each just realizes "that's just the way s/he is" and learn to accept the others' maddening habits as that's as good as it's going to get.

There you go, a new definition for marriage: The death of hope.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There's definitely truth in that. I was mostly joking because getting him to pick up his clothes from the floor is one of our constant battles. It's become something of a joke in our house.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Still wouldn't work. Every man worthy of a woman has learned that women speak in riddles and if she says she wants you to stay home and do chores she really means she wants you to go with her. And if she says she wants you to go with her she really wants you to go with her. Then mysteriously she will end up being upset with you either way, for some reason that makes no sense and she will refuse to acknowledge that anything is wrong until she bows up. Then after saying it out loud she will realize that what she was mad about was dumb and didn't matter. And every thing will be back to normal after a 2 hour long phone conversation with her mother.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Still wouldn't work. Every man worthy of a woman has learned that women speak in riddles and if she says she wants you to stay home and do chores she really means she wants you to go with her. And if she says she wants you to go with her she really wants you to go with her. Then mysteriously she will end up being upset with you either way, for some reason that makes no sense and she will refuse to acknowledge that anything is wrong until she bows up. Then after saying it out loud she will realize that what she was mad about was dumb and didn't matter. And every thing will be back to normal after a 2 hour long phone conversation with her mother.

That's quite insightful for a guy with a fiance. Have you been married previously?:laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Not at my house! Without airing a bunch of boring personal stuff, after about 5 minutes with her mom, she's no longer mad at me. :laugh:

Top Bottom