What was the first horror movie that really got to you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Island of Terror (1967). Watched it in the theater in Madison and had nightmares for weeks. I still think about it once in awhile and see parallels with modern medical research.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Not for the scare factor but An American Werewolf In London is my favorite and a damn fine movie. This transformation was way ahead of it's time.

[video=youtube;GHyvfOUEK4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHyvfOUEK4o[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Trilogy of Terror
    The Legend of Boggy Creek
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

trilogy-of-terror-1975-karen-black-pic-8.jpg
    tumblr_mgnfeyRmg21qedb29o1_500.gif

Don%27t_Be_Afraid_of_the_Dark_TVGuide.png

Z
    81O87wqEZmL._RI_.jpg

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    "Mothra" scared the crap out of me when I was 6.

Spent the entire original "Halloween" movie yelling "Cut his hands off!"

Halloween 3 had Stacey Nelkin!

nelkinbikini.jpg

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There have been a few. CFTBL (and the sequels) when I was really little. Another Vincent Price movie, "The Pit and the Pendulum". Then there was the made for tv, "Trilogy of Terror" with 3 short stories. The one with the little Zuni doll that came to life and terrorized Karen Black really got to me. I was watching it back in my bedroom on the old black and white Zenith tv set and it really freaked me out, and I was 15 at the time! :):

Trilogy of Terror
    The Legend of Boggy Creek
    Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

trilogy-of-terror-1975-karen-black-pic-8.jpg
    tumblr_mgnfeyRmg21qedb29o1_500.gif

Z

I forgot about that one, maybe I blocked in out... freaked me out when I was little... I called it the "yah yah doll" for the sounds it made.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Its not old 2009 but the first one that kinda made me think was The Fourth Kind. Ive read its not real but the movie is suppose to be somewhat of a documovie of real events.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Sammy Terry's showing of Frankenstein back in the sixties. I was probably eight years old. Scared to death of what might be under the bed. Sammy lead to my love of Lon Chaney, Bela Lugosi and old black and white horror movies. I still can't turn down most Dracula movies. The Lost Boys probably being the most fun of all.
    There is one sci-fi/horror(?) black and white film that I have never tracked down. All that I remember of it is someone getting a "transfusion" and the liquid in the tube was white. Anyone hear or know of this? PM me so as not to hijack the thread.

I do clearly remember the societal panic of The Exorcist. Hollywood effects started coming on strong and people couldn't handle it.

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    The first Hellraiser movie. Those chains with hooks flying out and tearing flesh made me cringe.

0_Oj6rvhXjQ4bP-zmC.jpg

I also find musicals extremely frightening. :nailbite:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    There have been a few. CFTBL (and the sequels) when I was really little. Another Vincent Price movie, "The Pit and the Pendulum". Then there was the made for tv, "Trilogy of Terror" with 3 short stories. The one with the little Zuni doll that came to life and terrorized Karen Black really got to me. I was watching it back in my bedroom on the old black and white Zenith tv set and it really freaked me out, and I was 15 at the time! :):
    Yes!!! Trilogy of terror is on my list of scared the **** out me!! when she tries to stop the knifem when the doll is in the suitcase.......oh hell yeah I was freaked! As an aside, when I was a teen ager I was watching The Exorcist in our kitchen, my mom snuck around the counter and grabbed my leg....I just about pooped.....I jumped 3 feet!

Top Bottom