• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crocket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    a lot of people dont like them but my new carry gun is a kel-tec 9 its very accurate and dependable ive shot mine ALOT and it is as mean now as when i bought it a year ago..very light and real easy to forget you have it in your pocket

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    You can find alot of different pistols in similar size, but you would likely have to give up DA/SA, all metal construction, hammer fired, safety.

I carry a SA Ultra Compact (officer size 1911), and side by side with a Bersa or Sig P232 the size difference is negligible. Another option in the SAO 1911 type platform is the Springfield EMP, an even smaller 1911 designed around the 9mm/40 SW cartridge.

Kel-Tec, Ruger, Kahr all make 9mm pistols that are of similar size, and weigh quite a bit less than a PPk, but then the trade off would be that there isnt a SA trigger at all, as they are DAO pistols, and the metal frame in some models.
    It all boils down to what you want to do with it, and how/when you plan to carry. The best thing to do is go to some gun shops, and try a few different things out. If you have friends that have other types of pistols, see if you can shoot them. I started out a 1911 guy, and still am, but there are many different types of pistols that I own, and like quite a bit.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    If I were in the market, I'd jump on that 3913 deal shooter521 mentioned at Bradi's. Not a huge size difference and about as close to having the same control layout and administrative drills as your PPK as you're going to find these days. Most of the newer compact/ultra-compact 9x19 designs seem to incorporate polymer frames and/or DAO.

The 3rd Gen S&W's are fine weapons and don't seem to get nearly the respect and consideration that their stellar service record warrants, IMHO.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Because they both jam all the time? Waka waka. Seriously though, that's more along the lines I'm thinking, though that's almost too largererer than a PPK :D I've found I'm fascinated by everything, and yet impossible to please all at the same time...it's a curse!

A lot of great suggestions here, interesting seeing what everyone relates to.

Since that's along the right lines, how about looking at the Beretta 92FS compact, or maybe a CZ-75 or 75 Compact?

Top Bottom