What Would Be Your Reaction If Extraterestial Life Was Discovered?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    it wouldn't bother or matter to me at all if extra-terrestrial life were discovered.

Just as long as they're not trying to invade and eradicate Earth, that is.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Simple "life" or intelligent life? Simple life, I doubt anyone would concerning anybody other than the pure fascination. Intelligent life, that would depend on their level of advancement. I don't know who said it, but someone stated that anytime a culture meets a less technologically advance one, it doesn't bode all that well. So until we have some Battlestars cruising the solar system, I'm not too keen on meeting any other spacefaring culture.

Agreed, I have always thought it was naive and arrogant to send out probes with a roadmap to earth saying "Here we are, come and get us"!

If there is life out there advanced enough to visit us, they are advanced enough to wipe us out, whether intentionally or not.

We should apply the "Greyman" behavior to our quest to find alien life.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I mean if there's no life out in the universe then why do we have all these fully semi-automatic assault rifles with our fancy high capacity extended clip, and barrel shrouds?

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Discovering alien life would be one thing, but the real fun would be when they figure out how to get some of it back to earth.

Surely we could trust the government to keep whatever it is in a secure place so that it doesn't get out......

kingpollfb080617-1.jpg

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    First thoughts on finding evidence of life or there having previously been life on Mars...
    Because of studying scripture I expect that there have been and perhaps presently are intelligent beings on Mars. In the modern day parlance some would be referred to as "interdimensional". If you were watching a 1960's Hammer Production at the drive-in they'd just be called demons or devils.
    As for lower lifeforms, who would know unless they got paid with my taxes?

Second thoughts...
    There was a brilliant researcher and writer that died a few years ago by the name of Flynn that published the results of his studies on Mars and other things before passing. He looked at Mars from the stand point of who and what used to be there and why it matters to us Earth born. His work cast serious doubts on the idea that archaeologists would be wasting their time going to Mars.
    His book "The Temple At The Center Of Time" is a treasure. Unless you're an atheist in which case it could be a nightmare.

Third...
    The analysis of the reported gas content of the Martian atmosphere by plasma physicist John Brandenburg Ph.d is a real hoot. And a lot of people really have needed him to be wrong. Real bad. The last time I looked at it he was being vociferously attacked but not made to go away. So I don't know what to think about that. Except that for many years I've wondered if the asteroid belt and all that rock and ice flying around the Sun isn't from a rebellious planet.

Fourth...
    Dr. Carol Rosin (she was with Fairchild, the Warthog company) went on the record with what Von Braun told her before he passed away with cancer. Part of that was space aliens being presented to us as a threat to deal with, in the line up after soviets, terrorists, asteroids, yadduh yadduh yadduh. So yeah, darn tootin' we need us a space force.

Fifth...
    Gee golly when are the space aliens going to get trotted out to show the people of Earth who made us?
    :popcorn:

Later yall. I'm gonna go cast some round ball for the .40 caliber 1851 Colt.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    “What says you ingo? What would your reaction be if NASA announced microscopic life on Mars was discovered?“

Intrigued. And more or less intrigued respectively, depending on whether that life was proven to be truly alien to earth life, or whether it shared common DNA with earth life (the latter indicating a single genesis with sharing of bacteria, viruses, whatever between planets).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No real panic from me. My only concern might be some kind of alien pathogen making it back here that could survive or even flourish on earth, to which we have no immunity. That could get dicey.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Go out on a lake at night in the real darkness and look up. Then convince me we are along in all of this.

It's foolish to believe we are alone in the universe.

*flame suit on*

Go out west, in the middle of no where and up high. Even just 5000 feet ASL is enough. It is simply magical. Words really fail, tbh. But to KNOW there is other life is not the same as the belief. I think it will change humanity to know. Not radically, but it will.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    No real panic from me. My only concern might be some kind of alien pathogen making it back here that could survive or even flourish on earth, to which we have no immunity. That could get dicey.

I forgot to mention that. Soil specimens will be brought here for further analysis. I hope there aren't any pathological agents that the rovers didn't detect.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Reminds me of the Flash Gordon series where the Martian bad guy, Ming the Merciless, was trying to destroy earth.

IMO if they're out there, let them stay out there. We have plenty to deal with in the here and now.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Life? It would not surprise me one iota if there was life elsewhere in our solar system. Plenty of locations with all the right components.

Intelligent life? It would not surprise me one bit if there were other whole civilizations "out there". The chance of either of us seeing the other is infinitesimally small, though. The Universe is a big place, and we are but a speck in both time and space.

Little grey men space-probing our cows? Yeah.... not so much.

Top Bottom