What Would Be Your Reaction If Extraterestial Life Was Discovered?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Life? It would not surprise me one iota if there was life elsewhere in our solar system. Plenty of locations with all the right components.

Intelligent life? It would not surprise me one bit if there were other whole civilizations "out there". The chance of either of us seeing the other is infinitesimally small, though. The Universe is a big place, and we are but a speck in both time and space.

Little grey men space-probing our cows? Yeah.... not so much.

HA! I see what you did there. Duh, we all know they're green.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Well, if they were green they would have saved their own planet and not need ours.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I firmly 100% believe there is intelligent aliens from other solar systems and planets and moons that have and still do visit earth and have from the beginning of our known history.
    It isnt a religious discussion at all. Has nothing to do with proving or disproving anyones beliefs or lack of beliefs. We need to move past that arguement to focus on the ALIEN'S!!

Look, there is well documented evidence of ET's visiting. People who have witnessed their body's and their advanced crafts and even some that have said there are bases on the dark side of our moon and mars.
    These aren't dummies like me. These are smart people some with letters behind or infront of their names, also who have had or still have access to levels in our government or companies working for the government who keep things like this secret intentionally. The government has been caught many times lying about sightings and events and covering them up but also intentionally trying to discredit former govt employees or contractors who have whistleblown, and also intimidated them with the FBI among others.
    There is also former WORLD LEADERS who admit to intelligent life having visited earth or being out there. Because they had access to the info duh.

Do I believe in ET? Hell yes I do and the government is keeping it from us and has since at least roswell. Yep, I do believe aliens crashed in roswell and there's been lots of very good evidence supporting it.

Its an accepted scientific fact that the way space travel works time is actually altered over long distances between 2 points. Its almost like time travel. Way over my head.

Usually the biggest and most outlandish secrets are the easiest ones to cover up.
    Dont buy into the whole, theyd never be able to keep that many people quiet BS. Or the, ive worked for the govt and I know that nothing stays secret BS. Yeah well a lot does and they'll lock you up or ****ing kill you or your family if they want to. Or maybe your whole govt career is just erased with a keystroke, its that simple. Believe it. They have ways. Compartmentalized too and few really know all of the pieces to the biggest secrets. Not to mention a lot of people with access to the biggest clearances are hardcore believers. They wouldn't tell their wife info on their deatb bed that would compromise their oath. Believe it.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hell I wouldn't even rule out time travel. Maybe some of them are humans from the future.
    If you told people 2,000 years ago we would all have handheld computers that provide instant worldwide communication or 1 day global travel, they wouldnt have even been able to grasp the concept.

Only sheep think inside the box all of the time and accept the official narrative all of the time as truth

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I find it interesting that those so vehemently against climate change science, fully accept evolution (and spontaneous lifer generation). A lot of the methods, modeling, theories, public discourse, history, etc. seem to overlap. What was once considered a liberal agenda with no basis in fact and bad science, is now accepted without scrutiny.

I feel like we've been here before...

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I find it interesting that those so vehemently against climate change science, fully accept evolution (and spontaneous lifer generation). A lot of the methods, modeling, theories, public discourse, history, etc. seem to overlap. What was once considered a liberal agenda with no basis in fact and bad science, is now accepted without scrutiny.

I feel like we've been here before...

the. science. is. settled.

besides, the Earth is flat and the stars are but moving points of light on the dome, and all NASA achievements are lies.

-rvb

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I firmly 100% believe there is intelligent aliens from other solar systems and planets and moons that have and still do visit earth and have from the beginning of our known history.
    It isnt a religious discussion at all. Has nothing to do with proving or disproving anyones beliefs or lack of beliefs. We need to move past that arguement to focus on the ALIEN'S!!

Look, there is well documented evidence of ET's visiting. People who have witnessed their body's and their advanced crafts and even some that have said there are bases on the dark side of our moon and mars.
    These aren't dummies like me. These are smart people some with letters behind or infront of their names, also who have had or still have access to levels in our government or companies working for the government who keep things like this secret intentionally. The government has been caught many times lying about sightings and events and covering them up but also intentionally trying to discredit former govt employees or contractors who have whistleblown, and also intimidated them with the FBI among others.
    There is also former WORLD LEADERS who admit to intelligent life having visited earth or being out there. Because they had access to the info duh.

Do I believe in ET? Hell yes I do and the government is keeping it from us and has since at least roswell. Yep, I do believe aliens crashed in roswell and there's been lots of very good evidence supporting it.

Its an accepted scientific fact that the way space travel works time is actually altered over long distances between 2 points. Its almost like time travel. Way over my head.

Usually the biggest and most outlandish secrets are the easiest ones to cover up.
    Dont buy into the whole, theyd never be able to keep that many people quiet BS. Or the, ive worked for the govt and I know that nothing stays secret BS. Yeah well a lot does and they'll lock you up or ****ing kill you or your family if they want to. Or maybe your whole govt career is just erased with a keystroke, its that simple. Believe it. They have ways. Compartmentalized too and few really know all of the pieces to the biggest secrets. Not to mention a lot of people with access to the biggest clearances are hardcore believers. They wouldn't tell their wife info on their deatb bed that would compromise their oath. Believe it.

I really need buy you a drink sometime. :cheers:

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I think it is probable that there are other life forms out there some where. I also think some of those beings might consider us no more evolved than whale dung. :twocents:

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    If life was discovered on Mars, wouldn't WE be the invading aliens?

inav8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Pendleton
    Carl Sagan’s response when asked if he thought that there was life on other planets: “well, if there’s not, it seems like an incredible waste of space,”

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I always assumed it to be so, would be surprised if life was not the norm.

Idk about it being the"norm" I still think it's a rare occurrence, but it is out there. And plenty of it. Somewhere. I am not convinced the odds favor life on Mars. If there is, there is definitely a link to earth life. Of that I am certain.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Don't know if we can really take a stab at "rarity" just yet. We don't know for sure if there is/was life on our neighboring planets yet. We have only just begun finding ANY habitable planets outside our own. And those are still around neighboring stars, well within our own galaxy. There are billions upon billions more planets just in the Milky Way. Let alone around the trillions of stars within billions of other galaxies. Far, far away...

At the scale of the Universe, life could be incredibly common. Or not. Considering it takes about 4 years to even take a peak at our closest neighbor "Goldilocks" planet, it is hard to tell. Great civilizations could have risen, fallen, risen again, been obliterated by a cosmic event, and their radio transmissions could still be millions of years from reaching us. Heck, they could have said"hello" only a 150 years ago, and we weren't listening (yet).

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Don't know if we can really take a stab at "rarity" just yet. We don't know for sure if there is/was life on our neighboring planets yet. We have only just begun finding ANY habitable planets outside our own. And those are still around neighboring stars, well within our own galaxy. There are billions upon billions more planets just in the Milky Way. Let alone around the trillions of stars within billions of other galaxies. Far, far away...

At the scale of the Universe, life could be incredibly common. Or not. Considering it takes about 4 years to even take a peak at our closest neighbor "Goldilocks" planet, it is hard to tell. Great civilizations could have risen, fallen, risen again, been obliterated by a cosmic event, and their radio transmissions could still be millions of years from reaching us. Heck, they could have said"hello" only a 150 years ago, and we weren't listening (yet).

To me, commonplace such as most planets or every star having life seems too much.
    What are the odds of life forming in the first place *without interference from a higher being or god*.
    The odds are slim, but space is so vast that I think it comes down to a numbers game. 1 in a million planets? That leaves plenty of opportunity for life. Even at 1 in a billion or trillion... but 0.0000000000001 odds is what I would call rare.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Pretending like we're a unique, special circumstance in a literally infinite universe... doesn't seem logical.

We can't even comprehend the size of the universe. Heck the observable universe is larger than the speed of light would be able to travel in the time since the big bang if light traveled at its constant speed. What lies beyond the "universe"? or is it just a donut shaped,Mario bros. 4th and 5th Dimension that is constantly expanding whilst interacting with other dimensions

Top Bottom