What would you do if the "knockout game" came knocking ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i think people are too quick to only have one tool for defense...a stun gun would work good here as well as pepper spray....repeatedly...dont move or you are gonna get it,...well you moved...zzzzztttt....moved again ...zzzzztt....stop moving...psssst..psssst psssst..get back idiot friends, i am detaining your knucklehead friends till cops get here....pop pop pop pop pop pop ...i think some of you people need to know what constitutes the use of lethal force...over zealous pepper spraying...now thats just fun before he gets sentenced and not you....

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    If I saw it coming, I'd draw. Quite frankly if you see someone (or a group) rushing to you in a threatening manner you are well within your bounds to defend yourself.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Knock back.

....and or match their 'Knockout "game"' with the 'Sucking chest wound' or "Make the pink mist" game...
    shotinhead.gif

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Ive been to several advanced pistol classes where Ive witnessed individuals with the nice, tricked out pistol and cant get through half the class due to fatigue. IMO, if you allow someone to get in your space like that, you kinda got whats coming to ya.

Oh to be young again !
    I think EricG (FNG), should, verbally, clean up after himself.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I read your reply several times?? And-it means WHAT??

Are you STILL trying to get 50 QUALITY posts??...Bill.

You mean that wasn't quality? Oh crap.

Actually it was in response to this.

The best answer is to not to comment on this thread, so that your answer is not read in the court room if it happens to you.

I figured if I'm going to post something on this thread it should make no sense at all unless you remember a comedy bit Steve Martin did decades ago before his SNL fame. And if it makes sense in that context, it would probably tend to embarrass any prosecutor who tried to use it against me.

ETA: Urban Dictionary: Mambo dogface to the banana patch?

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    There's always a lot of bold talk in these kind of threads.

It's sort of ridiculous.

The answer is not "I'd just..."

The answer is not "I'm always aware of my surroundings..."

The answer is not "Pull my gun if I saw them coming." What you see right before someone throws a sucker punch is...Nothing. If you saw it coming then it isn't a sucker punch.

Watch the videos again. Usually the knockout game is a group of youths walking in your direction. As they walk past you one pulls his hand out of a pocket and hits you. I know most of the people around here like to think big and not act, but grab a group of 6 yutes and have them walk towards you on a sidewalk. See how easy it is to move, yell, scream, direct, motion, or fight your way out of their walking path. Now consider if you would ever actually behave that way in real life. I'm disappointed in you INGO. I know its the internets and everyone is a tough guy, but its worth actually considering these things and actually testing them out rather than playing Rambo in your mind. Have you ever tried to wrestle/grapple/fight, even playing around, with more than one person? It is exponentially harder than a single person. There are very few people in the world who have a serious chance of winning against 6 determined attackers. Probably .5% of the population could handle 6 semi-determined idiot teenagers.

There are so many problems with pulling a gun too early in hopes of threatening that it isn't worth writing them all. I've written them before.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    IMHO, carrying a firearm is only part of being "armed". Situational awareness, being able to physically supress an attack and physical fitness is just as important as what new blaster to buy. So much focus is placed on sights, triggers, bullet weight, etc. Yet grappling, hand to hand, disarming, strength training, cardio fitness, situational awareness etc. get very little attention. Ive been to several advanced pistol classes where Ive witnessed individuals with the nice, tricked out pistol and cant get through half the class due to fatigue. IMO, if you allow someone to get in your space like that, you kinda got whats coming to ya.

I get where you are coming from 100% on situational awareness, but let's be clear on one thing. The victim is not to blame, even if they did allow someone in their space.

I mombo dogface in the banana patch.

I see what you did there... insanity defense in the making psyko

crarndtii

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2012
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Odds are good that if you are the victim, you'd never see it coming. My big issue is the media calling it the knockout game. It is a game in the same way Rape is the dating game. It is ASSAULT. It is a violent attack of an innocent person. If I see someone do that to anyone else, you bet I am in to help catch that criminal piece of trash! Some things to remember when you are out walking: keep your head on a swivel, keep your hands free (If you carry a purse, carry it on a shoulder strap. If you carry bags, keep them in your non-dom. hand and be ready to drop them to run). Be aware of what and who is around you. Don't walk close to blind corners. Keep your distance. If people look sketchy, cross the street or go into a public business. If you are chased or approached be loud. SCREAM. MAKE NOISE. Attackers like this will likely run. They don't want to have to fight a croud of good guys. Make eye contact. If they know you see them and are watching them, they will likely pick a new target. Be safe out there.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Remember the basic rule about messing with old guys. They can't run—too slow. They can't fight—too old. they just kill you—with the trusty 1911 they been packing since walking off Iwo Jima.

The body may not be the same, but their spirit is still strong. No quit. No quarter asked; none given. Don't mess with those old boys.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Remember the basic rule about messing with old guys. They can't run—too slow. They can't fight—too old. they just kill you—with the trusty 1911 they been packing since walking off Iwo Jima.

The body may not be the same, but their spirit is still strong. No quit. No quarter asked; none given. Don't mess with those old boys.

Great post Bap..AND do NOT think an "Old Timer" is undergunned with a revolver--He probably knows how to use it..Bill.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I'm not the kind of person who would win a fist fight. I don't have the body or legs to run after a young person. If I shoot some unarmed youngster playing a stupid game in the back as they are running away I am surely going to prison for a long time. I would probably just lay there and shake off the cobwebs and enjoy all the hugs, kisses and attention from the sweet young babes that come to my rescue and feel sorry for the innocent old guy who just got beat up. ;)

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang, Bang

I am referring, of course, to the fact that I would provide my parent with first aid, call the police, be a good witness, and go home and work out my frustration by building a bird house with a hammer and fourteen nails.

Top Bottom