• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I recommend the Kimber Stainless Compact II this is just about my favorite, extremely accurate and easy to cc. Don't worry about the aluminum frame they hold up just fine. I wouldn't necessarily recommend an aluminum frame if you were going to start shooting USPSA but for everyday carry and general use it will last you a lifetime...

Kimber005.jpg

Kimber003.jpg

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    1943 1911A1 slide......it's blurry sorry but you can see the halo....look around the slide stop notch....

S3010411.jpg

1916 slide no halo....

S3010413.jpg

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    that slide has been reblued and it show though.....i would think it would......it's not paint on your gun it was parkerized.....

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Even earlier than I thought! thanks for the great info! I'll have to post some more new once I receive my certificate from Colt with all of the facts about the gun.

they will tell you when it left the hands.....but after the army got it....it's hard to tell after that....

does it have any of these letters on it?....

SA,RIA,AA,BA,RA,FK,EB or SAA

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    they will tell you when it left the hands.....but after the army got it....it's hard to tell after that....

does it have any of these letters on it?....

SA,RIA,AA,BA,RA,FK,EB or SAA

It an E.E.C next to the magazine release, and on the other side above the trigger guard it has a "RIA" and a "FK". There is also a small "14" stamped on the left side of the trigger guard. On the right side an "E" is stamped on the trigger guard as well.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    if it has E.E.C on it.......it's a Remington UMC frame with a Colt slide and it was made in early 1919......look really close under the mag release there should be a eagles head with S12 or E1 under it.......Colt can't tell you anything about it... it has went through a overhaul at Rock Island Arsenal,Rock Island IL....Frank Krack was the inspector at that time....1941 to 1946...

E.E.C is Major Edmund E. Chapman....

Last edited:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    i added more...go back and read more...

I hope Colt says something about that because they charge $100 for their service:eek:

I do not see any eagle or anything below the mag release. There is a very very small "8" right above it though. It looks like there may be some sort of stamp or something above the 8 as well as some numbers before the 8, but it is worn and faded and I can't make out what it says. It almost looks like a 2 before the 8, but I am not for sure.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i would put a 1000 dollar bet that's it's a Remington UMC/Colt......call Colt and tell them about the E.E.C......then they'll return your money....the park is coverin' up the eagles head....

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    i would put a 1000 dollar bet that's it's a Remington UMC/Colt......call Colt and tell them about the E.E.C......then they'll return your money....the park is coverin' up the eagles head....

I'm not sure if it's important, but after the list of all the patents and before the Colt brand name, there is a horse with a spear in its mouth and between it's legs. I forgot to mention that before. Not sure if it is necessary though. I will have to give Colt a call this week.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I'm not sure if it's important, but after the list of all the patents and before the Colt brand name, there is a horse with a spear in its mouth and between it's legs. I forgot to mention that before. Not sure if it is necessary though. I will have to give Colt a call this week.

the slide is a Colt.....the frame is a Remington UMC.....

Top Bottom