• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    As Kirk mentioned, we don't know what happened yet.

In general, the real world doesn't always allow you to choose the backstop when you need to shoot. You can do your best, but sometimes shooting in a direction which may have things you don't want to shoot is the lesser risk compared to not shooting.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's my take-away from the story: The homeowner stated she was terrified, that seems reasonable under the circumstances. Never bring a pipe to a gunfight. Finally a question, how do you kick open a car door?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I mean they did violate an extremely basic rule of firearms safety and endanger bystander's lives for the sake of firing squad-ing a person who wasn't even armed with a knife or a firearm. Pretty easy to see they were in the wrong.

Not required to have a knife or a firearm to receive deadly force. A metal pipe is there to tickle someone?

Don't want to get shot by the police? Cool, don't involve yourself in mopery and the chances drop like a stone.

IMPD needs to watch their backgrounds? Ok, maybe, but don't know what happened. Did police put the bullets there? Let's find out.

Anywho, no criminal intent (intent follows the bullet) and insurance/reinsurance will pay for the damage to the siding.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You lay on your back and use both legs to kick open a door of an SUV that likely had its frame bent after it crashed into the tree in the yard.

So, what you have reported at least, is black letter self defense. And INGO is against self defense now?

I posted "don't bring a pipe to a gunfight." That's hardly a statement against self defense Kirk.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I mean they did violate an extremely basic rule of firearms safety and endanger bystander's lives for the sake of firing squad-ing a person who wasn't even armed with a knife or a firearm. Pretty easy to see they were in the wrong.

Might I suggest some light reading from the Force Science Institute? Maybe some threat mitigation pamphlets? Or are you going to lean back on the emotional arguments that are all the rage now days?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Merry Christmas! Oh, and...........people who think they know everything about a job they've never done and never will do are particularly aggravating. Thank God for those who are doing it!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Please share how you would have handled the situation differently. There’s a good chance that once you’ve demonstrated your expertise in this area you will be contacted for a new career saving the country from rogue cops.

Don't have to be an astronaut to know opening the door in space is a bad idea.

If the fragile little snowflakes of the IMPD can't handle criticism from the public they're supposed to be protecting, perhaps they should seek other lines of work. They're accountable for every bullet they fire. If they don't want their use of lethal force questioned, they are of course free to refrain from using it in situations where the need is unclear.

Sorry, not sorry. This shoot is sketchy on it's face.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't have to be an astronaut to know opening the door in space is a bad idea.

If the fragile little snowflakes of the IMPD can't handle criticism from the public they're supposed to be protecting, perhaps they should seek other lines of work. They're accountable for every bullet they fire. If they don't want their use of lethal force questioned, they are of course free to refrain from using it in situations where the need is unclear.

Sorry, not sorry. This shoot is sketchy on it's face.

You do understand there are a lot of LEO in this thread. I know them personally and not a snowflake among them.
    Opinions can be shared. Civil discussion is welcome.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    XmDttZHh.jpg

Ooooooh, Lawd....someone done swole up in here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...If the fragile little snowflakes of the IMPD can't handle criticism from the public they're supposed to be protecting, perhaps they should seek other lines of work...

This is not an acceptable line of conversation. Disagreement is fine, but this is uncalled for. These officers are owed an apology from this gentleman.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Lulz.

If only bad guys would stand in front of brick walls before threatening officers.

You are settling too easy. We need to get them trained to report to the jailhouse of their own accord so you don't even have to go get them let alone worry about the backdrop when firing on them.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I'm gonna' drop off some semi-informed bits of info gleaned this morning. Three officers fired shots. Total of seven shots fired. All bullets accounted for. None hit the house. Home owner refusing to talk to the police but willing to talk to the media! Hmmmmmmm.

Holes in the siding? I don't know and neither do you but see above.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm gonna' drop off some semi-informed bits of info gleaned this morning. Three officers fired shots. Total of seven shots fired. All bullets accounted for. None hit the house. Home owner refusing to talk to the police but willing to talk to the media! Hmmmmmmm.

Holes in the siding? I don't know and neither do you but see above.

The possibility of a pay check.

Top Bottom