• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Bob Segall reached out to IMPD and apologized for running such a poor excuse for a story. I think I made the department mad at me though for trolling the news station. :/

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    From https://www.wthr.com/station/meet-the-staff/bob-segall:

Bob Segall is senior investigative reporter at WTHR-TV. His investigations are intensely local and their impact is often felt nationwide. Bob combines dogged research, computer-assisted reporting and creative storytelling to produce memorable investigative reports that trigger change.

I do believe we have just seen an example of his creativity.

Named a 2007 Ethics Fellow by the Poynter Institute, Bob is a frequent speaker at conferences, workshops and universities, discussing the craft, impact and ethics of investigative journalism. He is a member of Investigative Reporters and Editors and a 1993 graduate of Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism.

How . . . ironic.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    "Bob Segall reached out to IMPD and apologized for running such a poor excuse for a story. I think I made the department mad at me though for trolling the news station. :/"

I'd be willing to bet Bob didn't reach out to IMPD of his own accord. The department will get over it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    "Bob Segall reached out to IMPD and apologized for running such a poor excuse for a story. I think I made the department mad at me though for trolling the news station. :/"

I'd be willing to bet Bob didn't reach out to IMPD of his own accord. The department will get over it.

Only a SWAG, but I bet the department is pretty political these days? We sure know the "media" is, right?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Bob Segall reached out to IMPD and apologized for running such a poor excuse for a story. I think I made the department mad at me though for trolling the news station. :/

I understand why you get barked at by leadership for seeking the facts and truth, and I don't like it because it tells me their priorities are in the wrong house, and that will end badly for everyone.

Top Bottom