• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Just me, but I'd rather see a new model in person before I make a purchase. It seems like you are going to drive yourself crazy now that you've already dished out most of the money and have nothing to show for it yet.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just me, but I'd rather see a new model in person before I make a purchase. It seems like you are going to drive yourself crazy now that you've already dished out most of the money and have nothing to show for it yet.

Those funds are in my FFL's account, and I could get a full refund with a days notice.
    I have full faith and confidence in Henry to put out a quality product.
    Besides all that, I was crazy before I laid out the deposit.

The funds are the last thing I'm worried about.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I see that Ruger has also released Single Sevens in three barrel lengths from Lipsey's. Since I missed out on these before, couldn't seem to get one in at either of my LGS's..I went ahead and ordered one and it will be here Monday or Tuesday. :)

As for the Henry, mine remains on order and will be here when it arrives. I do hope it is soon though.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Henry has said that they are putting out a new single shot. I have looked for one at the local gun shops and no joy. I am told that they are not yet making them. I think they should be making them before they put them in their book for sale. I am looking for one in 44mag. I guess that they will be on the shelves by next year. It seems like a nice handy rifle.

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I firmly believe all firearms companies announce, judge response, produce. Try to find a new Colt Cobra, Henry Longranger in 308, Ruger Precision Rifle (when the were first announced), etc.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I firmly believe all firearms companies announce, judge response, produce. Try to find a new Colt Cobra, Henry Longranger in 308, Ruger Precision Rifle (when the were first announced), etc.

Interestingly enough Gun Town, in Groverton (between Valpo and Plymouth) had two Long Rangers when I was up earlier this month. I do believe one of them was a .308 but they weren't what I was looking for so I didn't pay the closest attention to them.

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    The Longranger has been out long enough that hopefully they will be more available. I've seen them in 243 but still none in 308. As you might have guessed I am planning on adding one in 308 to the heard. Same with the Cobra.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've noticed that most Henrys I see in store are .22s and Big Boys, the .22s being the most abdunant. That was the first time I've seen a Long Ranger. The little store actually has more Henrys than I have seen at any other store. They were quite pleased with the selection of Henrys they offer.

Depending on where you aren't located it may be worth the trip.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    The Longranger has been out long enough that hopefully they will be more available. I've seen them in 243 but still none in 308. As you might have guessed I am planning on adding one in 308 to the heard. Same with the Cobra.

I am currently waiting delivery of a Henry Big Boy Steel in .327 Federal magnum, as described in the O.P.
    I emailed Henry customer service to ask where these would be available, when they had shipped.
    I was instructed by customer service to return to the Henry website, and to look for a link to, "Email the company President, Mr. Anthony Imperato.
    Once I found the link, I was told to tell Mr.Imperato which gun I was looking for, by specific model.
    My email was responded to, by Mr. Imperato himself.
    He asked for the contact info. for my preferred FFL.

I was told, when they FINALLY ship, my rifle will be drop-shipped factory direct to my FFL.
    Henry already has a copy of his FFL and all the pertinent shipping info.

My advice is, to contact Mr. Imperato and tell him you are having trouble locating the Henry you desire.
    Mr. Imperato says he will take it upon himself to see you receive the EXACT Henry you're looking for.

Or, you could play hit-n-miss with whatever shops you can find.

As a HUGE bonus, in my case, my FFL is a close friend, so I'm getting mine for just over $200 BELOW M.S.R.P.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am currently waiting delivery of a Henry Big Boy Steel in .327 Federal magnum, as described in the O.P.
    I emailed Henry customer service to ask where these would be available, when they had shipped.
    I was instructed by customer service to return to the Henry website, and to look for a link to, "Email the company President, Mr. Anthony Imperato.
    Once I found the link, I was told to tell Mr.Imperato which gun I was looking for, by specific model.
    My email was responded to, by Mr. Imperato himself.
    He asked for the contact info. for my preferred FFL.

I was told, when they FINALLY ship, my rifle will be drop-shipped factory direct to my FFL.
    Henry already has a copy of his FFL and all the pertinent shipping info.

My advice is, to contact Mr. Imperato and tell him you are having trouble locating the Henry you desire.
    Mr. Imperato says he will take it upon himself to see you receive the EXACT Henry you're looking for.

Or, you could play hit-n-miss with whatever shops you can find.

As a HUGE bonus, in my case, my FFL is a close friend, so I'm getting mine for just over $200 BELOW M.S.R.P.

This is just another reason that I keep getting drawn back to Henry when I have the itch for a new rifle. The Golden Boy got me hooked, my Big Boy arrives tomorrow and a Long Ranger & .410 are in the someday list.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is just another reason that I keep getting drawn back to Henry when I have the itch for a new rifle. The Golden Boy got me hooked, my Big Boy arrives tomorrow and a Long Ranger & .410 are in the someday list.

I know the feeling.
    I started on the standard .22lr lever (H001) and fell in love.
    Next I won a Henry Frontier model .22wmr with the octagon barrel.
    When I saw the announcement of the Big Boys in .327 I knew I had to have one, still waiting...

Now that Indiana has revised it's deer regulations, I plan on having a new all-weather .45-70 by seasons open.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Tomorrow is the last day of May 2017. Can't get much later in May than that, yet the Henry website STILL says "shipping late May 2017".
    I have yet to hear anything about shipping my new Big Boy.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Tomorrow is the last day of May 2017. Can't get much later in May than that, yet the Henry website STILL says "shipping late May 2017".
    I have yet to hear anything about shipping my new Big Boy.
    Seems odd. A while back I was looking for a Henry which was actually one of the less expensive ones. I emailed Henry with a little bit of background information. The CEO responded back letting me know that it would be at the Cabellla's in Hammond. And to speak with the gun department manager directly. It was the most pleasant buying experience ever at Cabella's.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I like the Henry products I've shot, but I'd still get a Winchester 1892 in 32-20 instead of the 327 Mag.

Top Bottom