• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I really wish Henry would get the 327FM rifle done and in shops. I really want one. :ingo:

I called customer service on the first of June.
    I told the service rep that the website still said "shipping late May 2017", and asked about a ship date.
    I was told, "...there was a production issue with the .327fed/mag Big Boys, but they're back on track, and should be shipping in the next couple of weeks".
    Well, it's almost two weeks since I was told, "in the next couple of weeks...".
    Still waiting.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Where is that Winchester made?

In the USA, by Winchester 1892 I mean rifles from the turn of the last century. My 32-20 was manufactured in 1906 and still shoots cast or hot jacketed very well.

Last edited:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    In the USA, by Winchester 1892 I mean rifles from the turn of the last century. My 32-20 was manufactured in 1906 and still shoots cast or hot jacketed very well.

You are comparing new rifles vs old, while I have never owned a Henry I do believe it is the only new rifle I would own as Marlin sucks and Winchester is made in China.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    You are comparing new rifles vs old, while I have never owned a Henry I do believe it is the only new rifle I would own as Marlin sucks and Winchester is made in China.

Current Winchester lever guns are made in Japan and are high quality.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Japan/China same thing, they are huge money now and there is no way I would buy anything from those Country's unless I absolutely have to.

Buy USA

They need to ship them, or how are we supposed to buy them?
    We're now pushing close to 6 months of delays...

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

There's only 2 billion lever guns out there, buy a Marlin JM model or old Winchester or man up and keep waiting...

JM-stamped Marlins are still great rifles. The old quality and accuracy is still there. Even the old ones (20th century date of manufacture, for example) still shoot straight.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    JM-stamped Marlins are still great rifles. The old quality and accuracy is still there. Even the old ones (20th century date of manufacture, for example) still shoot straight.

Some of the JM-stamped Marlins are great rifles, some not so much. Marlins were already hit or miss for several years before Remington bought them. I know several people that bought Marlin .44s and .357s when Indiana first legalized pistol calibers for deer hunting and several of them had serious accuracy problems. The problems seemed to be worse and more frequent with the .44s.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Some of the JM-stamped Marlins are great rifles, some not so much. Marlins were already hit or miss for several years before Remington bought them. I know several people that bought Marlin .44s and .357s when Indiana first legalized pistol calibers for deer hunting and several of them had serious accuracy problems. The problems seemed to be worse and more frequent with the .44s.

I bought several when they first came out, couldn't tell you how accurate they were as I could never get them to cycle so I could fire them...

(Stainless .44 Marlin)

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I bought several when they first came out, couldn't tell you how accurate they were as I could never get them to cycle so I could fire them...

(Stainless .44 Marlin)

Not the first time I have heard of that either. I lucked out in that I went with a .41 mag Marlin and it fed and functioned perfectly.

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    Always considered Marlin an average gun in the JM days. Now everyone acts like a JM Marlin is the holy grail. Had two 45-70's, one was great, one had lots of FTF'S. Had two 41 mags, one was a jamomatic and I still have a good one. Had a 45 colt that the chamber was so overboard it would turn the whole case sooty and accuracy was sketchy. Have a 357 that I haven't made up my mind about the accuracy yet. Still got a 39a but it ain't near as smooth as a Winchester, Browning or Henry after years of shooting. Figure I am running about 50% with the JM's. Thought about selling the 357 and 41 and buying Henry's but there is something about the Marlins that make me hold onto them.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thank you for your interest in henry and for reaching out. We did have a slight production delay but are back on track to ship those models shortly. They should be on shelves in the next couple weeks. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

contacted Henry, that was the reply above…

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Now I see a post on the Henry forums site that says Henry replied to an email stating that the Big Boys in steel in .327 are now slated to begin shipping late summer to early fall.
    The Henry website still says late June for the .327's.

I'm tempted to call Henry and cancel my order.
    More than 6 months of delays tells me there are more than minor problems getting them to run right...

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Now I see a post on the Henry forums site that says Henry replied to an email stating that the Big Boys in steel in .327 are now slated to begin shipping late summer to early fall.
    The Henry website still says late June for the .327's.

I'm tempted to call Henry and cancel my order.
    More than 6 months of delays tells me there are more than minor problems getting them to run right...

It took me 16 months to get my Sig MPX.

POF is going on 2.5 years of not having their P300s running right.

6 months to get a gun out there in a niche caliber.....ain't that bad

Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    Henry's are very nice guns but the Marlin JM guns are clearly better made guns. A machined receiver on a 39a vs cast on a Henry 22 is obviously a better gun. As far as a Marlin not cycling,check the screw on the bottom of the receiver and tighten it if its loose.

Top Bottom