What's On Your Current "I Want It!" List?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    whats on my "I want it list"? All of them! Hi, my name is Randy, and I am an addict.:laugh:
    Unfortunately, or fortunately( depending whether you ask me or the wife), my budget puts me in the bottom feeder collector series.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    HMOG man.....stop it. Stop it now.
    I am sure I could build my next custom 1911 for the asking price of that handsome piece.

Table price was not bad, secondary market prices are killer though :rockwoot: a "normal" sized Emerson custom is $600 and a "super" is $900

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    At the moment there's not too many knives that I "have to have". Some of the new Microtechs coming out lately are completely bad a$$ though.

Finally having Chuck Gedraitis make me a Marader flipper, only been telling him I need a knife of his for 6 years now, finally doing it.

A Lot of Nick Swans stuff is slick too

FULL DISCLOSURE: I do not now nor have I ever owned a Medford knife.

They are, however, very impressive tools. I prefer knives with significantly thinner blades for maximum slicey-ness, though.

I've owned 6 I can think of so far, still have 3 (2 TFF-2 pocket machetes and a Tff-1), they all have their own little qualities about them. For the most part they're chunky and overbuilt and at times I with I had a thinner slicer, but Medfords and their D2 stay sharp, sharpen easy, and besides some lock stick have been great for me. Some of them might be elegant looking and classy but I don't have to worry about breaking one.

The production Praetorian is slick, I'll probably get one eventually. Pretty light for a large knife

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    chris reeve large carbon fiber sebenza!
    https://www.knifeart.com/lgcarbonfiber.html

I used to read American handgunner, and one time they wrote an article about some handgun (cant remember the gun) and in the pictures and a sidebar article was a sebenza and talked about how he'd (chris reeve) just moved to America from South Africa, I thought the knife was a work of art, strong, durable meant to be used, and from that point on I wanted a sebenza, and I love the look of carbon fiber, so when knife art started selling carbon fiber sebenzas, well shooter6 wants one! he just don't have 450.00 to buy one!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    whats on my "I want it list"? All of them! Hi, my name is Randy, and I am an addict.:laugh:
    Unfortunately, or fortunately( depending whether you ask me or the wife), my budget puts me in the bottom feeder collector series.

Join the club! At some point we make the transition from quantity to quality. It will happen!

The production Praetorian is slick, I'll probably get one eventually. Pretty light for a large knife

I got to handle one at Brad's table a couple of weeks ago. It's a surprise when you pick it up!

11/21.

Milestone birthday this year. :(

18? 21?

chris reeve large carbon fiber sebenza!
    https://www.knifeart.com/lgcarbonfiber.html

I used to read American handgunner, and one time they wrote an article about some handgun (cant remember the gun) and in the pictures and a sidebar article was a sebenza and talked about how he'd (chris reeve) just moved to America from South Africa, I thought the knife was a work of art, strong, durable meant to be used, and from that point on I wanted a sebenza, and I love the look of carbon fiber, so when knife art started selling carbon fiber sebenzas, well shooter6 wants one! he just don't have 450.00 to buy one!

Those are nice, but don't you really want a small Sebenza Insingo with Micarta inlays? I know a guy who can hook you up!

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I'm with shooter six in that I've been wanting a large sebenza for awhile. Fondled one(the knife) at Brad's table at the 1500, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have looked at yours in the classifieds more than a couple times rhino :) not bad at all.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm with shooter six in that I've been wanting a large sebenza for awhile. Fondled one(the knife) at Brad's table at the 1500, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have looked at yours in the classifieds more than a couple times rhino :) not bad at all.

Thanks for looking!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Now the Mouse has to go and look......damn it man

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    4xYHaiGh.jpg

Sebenzas can be good looking knives, their S35 is heat treated a little too soft for my tastes however. Great option for people who are worried about "beating" on an expensive knife as you can send it back to CRK and for a nominal fee they will basically make the knife new again refinishing the entire thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    4xYHaiGh.jpg

Sebenzas can be good looking knives, their S35 is heat treated a little too soft for my tastes however. Great option for people who are worried about "beating" on an expensive knife as you can send it back to CRK and for a nominal fee they will basically make the knife new again refinishing the entire thing.

Those are some handsome pieces.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    :dunno: Still love my pm2. Hasn’t left my pocket in 2 years. Sold all my other folders and the pm2 is all I have now. No want for anything else.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    :dunno: Still love my pm2. Hasn’t left my pocket in 2 years. Sold all my other folders and the pm2 is all I have now. No want for anything else.

Seedubs you are an unusual case my friend, myself personally knives are like guns, each one serves a different and specialized purpose. Thus the money pit....errr I mean collection.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yeah, I used to have a bit of a knife collection (although small compared to some of you guys :laugh:). Finally found the proverbial "one" and got rid of the rest. Although I do like looking at the fancy knives.....some really cool stuff.

Guns are the same for me. I have a very specific list of uses, and a tool for each use. No more, no less. I don't tolerate clutter in my life very well.....
    1) Large frame 9mm pistol
    2) CCW 9mm pistol
    3) 22 lr pistol
    4) Red dot scoped AR
    5) 1-6x scoped AR
    6) DMR AR
    7) 308 bolt gun
    8) 223/556 bolt gun
    9) Shotgun for shooting clays and/or hunting
    10) 22lr rifle

Considering adding a SBR to the list.....still not sure if it's a need or just a want. Will continue to ponder :):

Seedubs you are an unusual case my friend, myself personally knives are like guns, each one serves a different and specialized purpose. Thus the money pit....errr I mean collection.

Top Bottom