• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGunDen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Shelbyville IN
    I think the best is a sig mosquito, it is very accurate and it is very reliable as far as not jamming. If you want a target model you need to go with a browning buckmark. Have fun looking !:ar15::ar15:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    First you have to decide if you want a revolver or auto-loader... If revolver, the Ruger single six is a great choice... It you want a semi auto, there are many I found to be fun and very reliable... Just to name a few would be the Ruger MKII or III, the Browning Buckmark, Walther P22...

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I think the best is a sig mosquito, it is very accurate and it is very reliable as far as not jamming.:

FAIL. This is not the normal response with Sig Mosquito owners. Most will tell you they are very picky about ammo and not as accurate as most other .22LR pistols. I was an owner and got rid of mine because it just was not reliable.

For semi-auto, I've always heard good things about the Ruger Mark III, the Browning Buckmarks and the Walther P22 (if you can get past how small the gun is).

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Best is a matter of preference. As for a semi-auto I prefer the Buckmark. There are many models to choose from. You can go anywhere from a 4"-7.5" barrel. Mine has never malfunctioned once with more rounds than I can count. It has also fed every kind of ammo I have tried, They are also fairly easy to fieldstrip. Plus the accuracy is outstanding. I have shot a Walther P-22 and it was ok. I have read that the Sigs are hit and miss. I'm not a big fan of the Rugers or the Berettas.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    In semi-auto, I've got a Ruger MKIII 22/45 and it's been pretty much flawless through about 900 rounds of the Federal 22lr 550 pack from Wally World. I've also ran CCI mini-mag and Remington through it with no hiccups. Takes a couple field strips before you get it down but it's a nice and reliable 22. Also, tons of aftermarket accessories if that's the route you want to go with it.

jwdecour

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Can not believe no one recommended the Jennings J 22. Just kidding. I liked my ruger 2245 with the bull barrel. But I like the feel of the mark II with the Luger style grip. Both are fun to shoot. Try to get together with some friends with different models and put a few clips through them. Or you can buy my Jennings LNIB cheep ;-)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hard to go wrong with the Ruger 22/45 or Browning Buckmark.

My favorite is the Smith & Wesson Model 41:rockwoot:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Or, if you can find, and willing to shell the cash,I have a K22 Outdoorsman, that will be buried with me. Bought it a couple of months ago, and I love it. Most pre 17 K22 have a good reputation, especially if you can find one in a good condition for a good price.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    There are just so many different ideas of which pistiol is the best....I suggest you decide on something you like and then pose the question...."Is this any good? Everyone has a different opinion and all may be great pistols.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    There are just so many different ideas of which pistiol is the best....I suggest you decide on something you like and then pose the question...."Is this any good? Everyone has a different opinion and all may be great pistols.

This... is very true. Feel up some guns, see what you like, write down some of them, and come back and hit us up for a general consensus of how the experiences have been. *face palm* Why didn't I think of that...

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've been having huge fun with my GSG-1911. I've got a quite a few bulk boxes of Federal through it without any significant issues. A fellow INGO poster has over 7000 rounds and counting. Only problem is it that it is horribly addictive to shoot. 500 rounds a week has proven very easy to do.

Eric S.S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Mulberry
    The only 22lr I've got is a Phoenix Arms Hp22a. I paid a $100 for it and that's all it's worth. It doesn't like hollow points, so if you get one don't go the cheap way.
    I've always wanted a Browning Buckmark, but the price! The Ruger Mark II or III is just as good and cost a lot less.

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    All good points.....

As with all things, have to do what works for you.

I have one Mosquito that is my malfunction trainer, it screws up every mag, on the other hand, my Threaded barrel mosquito runs like a sewing machine, suppressed, and with Remington ammo of all things.

The GSG 1911 is a great gun, regular or suppressed.

If you're more interested in revolvers, the Ruger single six has been mentioned, I my self am in the market for a S&W 317-3, stainless 3" barrel, with fiber optic front sight.

Hope this helps

Bob

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    Hammerli makes some of the best .22 pistols ever imho... But they are out of most peoples price range for a plinker.

I have a Ruger and a Browning. I prefer the Browning.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've been having huge fun with my GSG-1911. I've got a quite a few bulk boxes of Federal through it without any significant issues. A fellow INGO poster has over 7000 rounds and counting. Only problem is it that it is horribly addictive to shoot. 500 rounds a week has proven very easy to do.

Yeah, but the GREAT thing is, that 500rds is less than $20! :rockwoot:

slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    I have a High Standard Double Nine Revolver, Sig Mosquito (My Wifes!), Ruger MKII, and a Beretta 21A. I have never had any problems with any of them. I love the Beretta, it shoots great. The Mosquito shoots great too. Almost like a full sive pistol. I only use the Federal 550 BulkPak. When I carry the Beretta as a bug, I'll load up CCI Stingers. Still no issues.

Top Bottom