• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I really enjoy my Ruger MkII. It's fired every bulk pack of .22 that I've loaded into its mags without a hiccup. Take down isn't as simple as other pistols, but to me it's a non-issue because I'm in no hurry when I'm cleaning it anyway.

I also finally had the chance to take my little Rough Rider .22 out for the first time. For $125 I was pretty happy.

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I have a Smith & Wesson 22s with the bull barrel and the wood target grips. I love it and it has been as accurate as the Ruger mark III I had. I also have a GSG 1911 .22lr and I like it alot but I don't think it is as accurate. It shoots good groups but no matter what I do to adjust it , it always shoots about 2 inches high. Maybe it is just me.

Life Member

Marksman
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Goshen
    If you are interested in a revolver, you might want to look at a convertable. This is a gun that has two cylinders. One for 22 long rifle and one for 22 mag.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have a Browning buckmark that I have owed for the last 10years, it was my father in laws before that. I take it to the range about once a month and it has been nothing but a GREAT gun! I only have one mag for it and its so worn out that it is hard to load anymore but between me and my husband we have probably shot 5000 rounds through it and in its lifetime it has probably seen 15,000 or more. Shoots great and very accurate, all around a pretty awesome gun!!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    It would help if we knew what you were going to use it for and your price range.

Hard to go wrong with Ruger Single Six, Browning Buckmark, Ruger Mark II or Mark III, S&W revolvers

vesan87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2010
    A little south of Indy
    My first handgun was an old Ruger Mark 1. I still love that gun because it's accurate and heavy. It's fun to take apart and clean too! Just a little tricky to put back together. I think I paid about 200$ for it.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Best .22 LR handgun

As some of the other members have stated you need to give a more concise set of guidelines to get a proper answer. If you are looking for the best all around .22 handgun. I would lean towards the Browning Buckmark or a Ruger Mark II or III. You can get them with target bull barrels or with just a simple target barrel.

If you are looking for a revolver. I would lean towards the S&W model 41. Especially if you can find one of the older pre lock versions. The longer barrel version is amazingly accurate.

It would be hard to argue against any of the firearms that have been listed so far. Figure out what you want it to do and then handle/rent/borrow and find out what you like the best

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    the ruger mark II is one of the most accurate handguns ive had the privledge to own mine will be buried with me. never had a 22 i could drop a coyote at 50 yds with besides my colt woodsman

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It would help if we knew what you were going to use it for and your price range.

I agree that this is the nugget that begets you more truth.;)

4 Accuracy while hunting? T/C Contender with a 10 or 14" Match chambered bbl and a scope.
    4 fun? Ruger MK, buckmark,GSG1911, Sig(not my choice) Or ANY revolver.
    4 Higher $ pistol competition? S&W 41, Pardini, Morini, Beretta 87, Hammerli, Toz 35

lots to choose from. Prices from $175 to $3000. Best to define your parameters a bit.:yesway::twocents:

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    my favorite is the walther p22. Thesig is desent but yes picky on ammo till its broke in but it does prefer hotter loads

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The most reliable and accurate one I've owned is the .22 conversion slide I can put on my CZ P01.

It puts the Mark III I sold to shame.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    i have a sig mosquito and love it for the money i just seen midwest i believe or 21st have a reverse 2 tone for 299.00 great buy

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    the ruger mark II is one of the most accurate handguns ive had the privledge to own <snip>

+1

I routinely shoot my MK II (and hit things!) out to 100 yds with a stock Target Competition model. Probably 15,000 rounds through the gun, and all is well.

Personally, I don't understand what the fuss is about disassembly / re-assembly of the Ruger MK II. Until the processes become learned, simply follow along in your owner's manual. :)

Top Bottom