• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    To me .22 handguns are like women in short skirts, I love 'em all. These are some of my favorites!

SmithWessonModel63.jpg

S&W J Frame Model 63

Kimber8400KimberStainless1911Rug-4.jpg

Ruger Mark III

RugerCompetitionTargetMarkII.jpg

Ruger Mark II Competition Target

RugerNRAMarkII.jpg

Ruger Mark II NRA Bill Ruger NRA Endowment Edition

BrowningMedalist.jpg

Browning Medalist

Ruger Single Six
    Click To Enlarge

Colt Woodsman
    Click To Enlarge

S&W Model 41
    Click To Enlarge

badduke666

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Sig Mosquito all the way! I own a Sig Mosquito .22lr and yes they are picky about ammo. But as long as you use CCI Minimags ($6.50 for 100) at walmart you will have absolutely no FE or FF. I have also used Remington .22lr Golden Bullet (550 rd brick for $20ish at Wal-Mart). It has a few FE (1 every 25-30 rounds) but other than that This is a really nice handgun. It has a look, feel and weight of a "bigger" caliber weapon and is really handy in training newbies to shoot as you are less prone to flinch shooting a 22 compared to a 45.

My two cents...

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Ruger Bearcat for single action and mkII for semi auto... idk both rugers i have shot ate everything I fed to them no matter how clean or dirty it was..

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I really like both of my Ruger Mark II stainless steel slab sides and my Ruger Mark II 10" stainless steel pistols. I have target grips on all three with a scope on the 10"er. Once you get past the take down for cleaning, for me, they have been good, reliable weapons. My only dislike is the European style of ejecting the magazine on the Mark IIs.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I'm a large fan of the Ruger Mk pistols. Always been very reliable and very accurate. No problem to shoot several hundred rounds of cheap bulk ammo with no malfunctions at all :)

Don't let anyone tell you the field strip is hard! After a couple times it's just as simply and quick as anything else.

Here is my beloved MK III:

Volquartsen sear / trigger, oversized MK II hammer bushing, hogue grips, Leupold M8-2X

2810101726.jpg

treeman22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Indy North
    I've got a Walther P22. It looks really cool, but it's just too small for my hands. Because of that I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Very picky when it comes to ammo too. I'll be selling it next chance I get, and will be keeping an eye out for a good deal on a Browning buckmark or ruger .22 pistol.

devildog178

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Henry Co
    In semi autos Rugers are excellent for the $ ! Their Single-Six is a great pistol also and also comes with a .22 WMR cylinder making it very versatile.

chayne02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    I noticed that Gander MTN will be selling the P22 for $280 this Thurs - Sun. It seems like the best price for a new one that I have seen recently.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Although there is no "best" .22 handgun, this frequently recurring topic consistently attracts an enourmous flood of responses.

What's up with that? How many "bests" can there be? :dunno:

Is everyone's personal favorite the "best"?

In short... yes. :yesway:

:D

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Although there is no "best" .22 handgun, this frequently recurring topic consistently attracts an enourmous flood of responses.

What's up with that? How many "bests" can there be? :dunno:

Is everyone's personal favorite the "best"?

In short... yes. :yesway:

:D

Versatile, light on the hip when carried and of recoil. Cheap to shoot (maybe not so cheap to buy, but still...). Fun, fun, fun.

Cratchelow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    I no longer have it,but my Beretta Neos was a great gun.Would shoot anything everytime and was very accurate.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Ruger reliability

From Ruger standard to 22/45,I have found their semi-auto 22s more reliable than any other.The only downside to these pistols is that they are a bit tricky to take apart and put back together.

Top Bottom