• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It makes me want a breakfast Guinness, I know that much.

That's pretty much how I look at it. I like Guinness.

This looks like it, feels like it, and I can convince myself it damn near tastes like it.

Go in an ask to try it. It's pretty good.

Almost feel like I'm getting away with something driving around drinking it. Even comes out of a nitro tap.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've only been to a Starbuck's one time, and that was only because I wanted to down 3 double espresso's before leaving on a flight to Australia back in 2000. I don't see myself ever going to another one. Just can't see paying the price of an entire breakfast just for a cup of coffee.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For the last few years, Keurig K-cups at around $0.50 per cup have suited me just fine. I used to love my coffee as dark and strong as possible when I used to add cream and sugar, but since switching to drinking it black, I prefer a good medium roast. I've become partial to Gevalia Columbian.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've only been to a Starbuck's one time, and that was only because I wanted to down 3 double espresso's before leaving on a flight to Australia back in 2000. I don't see myself ever going to another one. Just can't see paying the price of an entire breakfast just for a cup of coffee.

You can buy breakfast for $3.19? That is the price of a medium (Grande) coffee at Starbucks. A small (Tall) is a little over $2.00.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can buy breakfast for $3.19? That is the price of a medium (Grande) coffee at Starbucks. A small (Tall) is a little over $2.00.

Small and medium used to be under $2 back in the "good days" of Starbucks. Back when they cared about regular coffee, and less about sugar drinks and making things as inconvenient for everyone as possible.

Can't stand the place... which is why I need to figure out this nitro coffee situation fast.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I exaggerated a little, but not by much. With McDonald's dollar menu, I could come close.

Yeah, I get it. Just having a little fun. I don't work for Starbucks but I like how they support the enlisted military troops and especially those that are deployed. I also like their business model and how they empower their employees to do what needs to be done to have a happy customer. They don't need manager approval to take care of a customer.

I also get a kick out of every time I hear someone talk about Starbucks $7 coffee. I'm pretty sure I have never come close to paying that for coffee there.:) Those "fru-fru" caramel, whipped latte machiatto's that are mostly milk, foam, sugar and a shot of espresso may get pricey, but a large, black coffee is reasonable.

I don't go much, but I have become accustomed to their taste and will buy one occasionally. However, I can drink gas station coffee, Folgers, whatever. And I can also drink a great cup of coffee, whether that's a fine restaurant or a more upscale coffee shop.

I like Starbucks Americano's, but I had one at a coffee shop in Duluth, MN last week that put Starbucks to shame.

Coffee drinking is all relative and subjective. My son is quite the coffee snob, and he says the best coffee is in other countries like Italy and France. I'm not going to go there just to find out.:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, I get it. Just having a little fun. I don't work for Starbucks but I like how they support the enlisted military troops and especially those that are deployed. I also like their business model and how they empower their employees to do what needs to be done to have a happy customer. They don't need manager approval to take care of a customer.

I also get a kick out of every time I hear someone talk about Starbucks $7 coffee. I'm pretty sure I have never come close to paying that for coffee there.:) Those "fru-fru" caramel, whipped latte machiatto's that are mostly milk, foam, sugar and a shot of espresso may get pricey, but a large, black coffee is reasonable.

I don't go much, but I have become accustomed to their taste and will buy one occasionally. However, I can drink gas station coffee, Folgers, whatever. And I can also drink a great cup of coffee, whether that's a fine restaurant or a more upscale coffee shop.

I like Starbucks Americano's, but I had one at a coffee shop in Duluth, MN last week that put Starbucks to shame.

Coffee drinking is all relative and subjective. My son is quite the coffee snob, and he says the best coffee is in other countries like Italy and France. I'm not going to go there just to find out.:)

Yep, to me coffee is strictly utilitarian. I learned to drink it out of a vending machine at work back in the late 1970's when vending machine coffee was the worst! I tried adding cream and sugar and nothing made it taste "good", so I just started drinking it black. When I finally started drinking "real" brewed coffee it was delicious by comparison.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    For the last few years, Keurig K-cups at around $0.50 per cup have suited me just fine. I used to love my coffee as dark and strong as possible when I used to add cream and sugar, but since switching to drinking it black, I prefer a good medium roast. I've become partial to Gevalia Columbian.

:yesway: Currently having good luck with Gevalia Dark Magic done in single cup brewer (not a Keurig, no cartridges)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [snip]

Those are the people who don't want to taste the coffee in their coffee, and it drives me crazy that 2 out of 3 QuikBuks customers at least want foofy coffee - it makes it impossible to pop in and grab a quick cup

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Those are the people who don't want to taste the coffee in their coffee, and it drives me crazy that 2 out of 3 QuikBuks customers at least want foofy coffee - it makes it impossible to pop in and grab a quick cup

True. That is part of the reason I downloaded the app. If I remember, I place my order before I get there and it's waiting for me when I walk in. I grab it from the counter and go. Sometime I place the order from the parking lot. It's still faster than waiting in line.

I will admit, that their marketing sucked me in at least in the beginning. When I got the app and started using it, I was going more often (2-3X per week). Now I go maybe 2X per month unless I am on business, then I buy coffee for customers and cohorts. I get to expense the coffee and I earn rewards to my next free whatever.:)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Or the "mobile orders" nonsense. I can be the only damn person in the place... but there's 8 invisible people ahead of me in line that I have to wait to have their **** made while I'm standing there.

**** that noise. It's completely impersonal anymore.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    This afternoon happened upon a rather ancient but never used copper bottomed Revere Ware Drip-O-Lator at a goodwill.
    The upper and lower assemblies were on separate shelves, separate price tags.
    The black handle on the pot and knob on the cover are still shiny, not matt with age like happens with use.
    Took it to the counter and showed the gal that the parts went together.
    Snagged it for two bucks.

Top Bottom