• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    More lights the better, always know the target. also, qd light mounts are great if you need to do something UN-tactical like change a tire or something and you want to see. My house guns and bug guns have lights equipped or near by. Lasers probably have value too, just haven't ever messed with them.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I no longer have a firearm with a laser, but man it came in handy learning the difference between aiming and holding a revolver (SP101 w/ Crimson Trace) and a semiauto. I was mortified when I saw just how far off my aim was at just 5 yards with a snub nose. I keep a flashlight by the bedside with a revolver, and a shotgun in the closet. The shotgun has a night sight. I will know the intruder by whether he is terrified by my Mastiff barking like Hell or if he is rubbing his face wrinkles and talking in a cutesy voice.
    I am slightly ashamed to admit my AK has a flashlight mount though.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I no longer have a firearm with a laser, but man it came in handy learning the difference between aiming and holding a revolver (SP101 w/ Crimson Trace) and a semiauto. I was mortified when I saw just how far off my aim was at just 5 yards with a snub nose. I keep a flashlight by the bedside with a revolver, and a shotgun in the closet. The shotgun has a night sight. I will know the intruder by whether he is terrified by my Mastiff barking like Hell or if he is rubbing his face wrinkles and talking in a cutesy voice.
    I am slightly ashamed to admit my AK has a flashlight mount though.

What is wrong with an AK having a flashlight on it? Even purist guys can hate all things as such if thats what you're getting at

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    To the OP, (no I haven't read the whole thread), if I didn't have a flashlight I wouldn't be able to see where I'm shooting. That would put innocent lives at risk. And as BBI said, the bad guy already knows you're there. You're not a commando on a secret mission when defending yourself in everyday life.

mugable

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I keep a light on my g19 when it's my nightstand gun. Same goes for my ar15. I take the light of the g19 when I go to the range since I don't have a holster that will accommodate it. I don't bother taking it off the rifle as it's out of the way and more of a pain to remove. Most of the time I'm still awake when the sun comes up so I probably wouldn't need them. You never know. I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them. Aside from that they look tacticool.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I'm not 100% on a laser for my use either. However, in reference to you saying leave lights on, what about a power outage, whether caused by a BG or other circumstances? Food for thought.

I also have a florescent lantern in my living room that son gave me, it is plugged in and continuously charged, if unplugged or if the power goes out this lantern instantly illuminates. It would give me plenty of light to identify (and target if necessary) anyone in range. I do have flashlights within reach in my LR so would grab one if power goes out and lantern illuminates. If a power outage occurs, I do have a backup generator, (requiring me to install and start).

I guess you can only go so far to insure all the bases are covered, we lock all doors prior to retiring, and take reasonable precautions. I don't have a "target" house, have older vehicles etc. so doubt a pro BG would try to rob us (one that would cut the power/phone lines etc.). However I feel confident if a common bugler did break it he/she would regret doing so.

Top Bottom