• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Those that don't, OC'ers, CC'ers..... and "Muted-Carriers" (henceforth MC'ers - not to be confused with rappers)

Now my name is M.C.-T I've got a license to carry
    I think you know what time it is it's time to get a larry
    Now what do we have here
    An outlaw and his beer
    I run this land, you understand I make myself clear.
    We stepped to the wind he had a gun, I had a grin
    You think this story's over but it's ready to begin.

(Props to old school rap guys who recognize it.) :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Indeed it does. I guess I am of the belief that an actual person that CC's doesn't want to give the "game" away. So I guess, that there are now "official" 4 types of carriers: Those that don't, OC'ers, CC'ers..... and "Muted-Carriers" (henceforth MC'ers - not to be confused with rappers)
    I believe the proper term is JFC.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Now my name is M.C.-T I've got a license to carry
    I think you know what time it is it's time to get a larry
    Now what do we have here
    An outlaw and his beer
    I run this land, you understand I make myself clear.
    We stepped to the wind he had a gun, I had a grin
    You think this story's over but it's ready to begin.

(Props to old school rap guys who recognize it.) :)

Too easy... but you impressed me nonetheless

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Stop touching it! Get a good holster you have confidence in retaining your weapon and a good belt. Then you don't have to touch your gun every few minutes to make sure it is still there.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Indeed it does. I guess I am of the belief that an actual person that CC's doesn't want to give the "game" away. So I guess, that there are now "official" 4 types of carriers: Those that don't, OC'ers, CC'ers..... and "Muted-Carriers" (henceforth MC'ers - not to be confused with rappers)

Yeah, I'm in this group as well. I carry IWB, usually with a shirt over it. But it's a Glock 21, and I'm not a particularly big guy. It prints noticeably unless it's a loose button-up that I leave unbuttoned.

I don't care if observant people notice. I just want to avoid the majority of the attention.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I buy my pants 6" too big in the waist and shove a Mosin-Nagant down my right pants leg.

Iin addition to "a man of impeccable taste", what would you call me?

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I agree, I think we as people that carry instinctively look for things out of the ordinary or at least recognize things that others may not.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    As JetGirl said, I think the sheep are for the most part "happily oblivious" and if you care enough to notice my CC, I salute you :ingo:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I find myself looking for "tells" all the time.

Helps that I like to "people watch" when I'm out and about. See a ballcap with a familiar logo on it? See if I can spot the gun. Hiking boots, tactical pants, and a paracord bracelet? Yessir, I noticed, and I'm gonna see if I can spot it.

Me? I rarely wear any kind of "gun stuff" or even quasi-gun-related stuff other than when I'm actually wearing a gun. My belt is leather - so no Nylon rigger's belt give-away. I will generally either be pocket carrying or have something OWB but under a sweatshirt or other kind of un-tucked pull over. Warmer weather means an undershirt + and outer Tshirt to hide the holster.

I did have a short conversation one day with an O'Reilly store guy. One of the two shirts I own that have "gun stuff" on them; he commented that he liked shooting his M1-A (my shirt had a small silhouette). Don't think he noticed that I was OCing at the time.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Agree with Jetgirl: I'm not worried about concealing from other gun owners.

The way I dress is related to my function of the day. Some of my hiking pants and trail boots (which for a girl, are relatively tactical-looking) stay on me when I've been in the snow, working at home, or doing anything outdoors for that very reason. I'm too lazy to change them just because I'm going somewhere else.

When I have a concealed carry purse, there's no doubt most gun owners would spot it, especially since I wear it cross-body. Yet I take it in all kinds of "non-gun" places and never have the impression that anyone has a clue there's a gun there.

For that matter I've open carried also out of laziness. I started my day with an IWB plus a jacket or lab coat on and then later took the jacket off. I decide not to bother "covering" just to (for example) pump gas. I've used the pumps at Costco a few times this way, with no comments from the attendant or any looks from other customers. Since the Costco store has a "no firearms" sign but it's rather subtle, I don't know whether or not they would say anything to someone pumping gas. But so far everyone's awareness seems to be a zero.
    Costco is a "Self Defense Free Zone"? That's a shame. I've only been there once since they opened so I guess I'm not really missing much.

Top Bottom