• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I see Kutnupe's point about things being irksome. The poor attempt at being totally indiscreet doesn't particularly bother me, but neither does it when people OC. However, I have a lot of peeves that have become pets over the years, and I don't feel the need to apologize for them. What does bother me along this line, however, are the tacticool posers. They've always got the multicam Velcro baseball caps, tactical pants, etc. and they're usuall someone who "thought about joining the military" or they were a pog. And don't get me wrong, I love pogs, but they don't need to pretend they're something they're not. The best example of such an irksome person is a particular person who joined the army, got to reception at benning and miraculously developed a heart murmur. Now he wears the tactical ball cap, oc's a glock in the appendix carry, sports a beard and teaches people how to shoot.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I see Kutnupe's point about things being irksome. The poor attempt at being totally indiscreet doesn't particularly bother me, but neither does it when people OC. However, I have a lot of peeves that have become pets over the years, and I don't feel the need to apologize for them. What does bother me along this line, however, are the tacticool posers. They've always got the multicam Velcro baseball caps, tactical pants, etc. and they're usuall someone who "thought about joining the military" or they were a pog. And don't get me wrong, I love pogs, but they don't need to pretend they're something they're not. The best example of such an irksome person is a particular person who joined the army, got to reception at benning and miraculously developed a heart murmur. Now he wears the tactical ball cap, oc's a glock in the appendix carry, sports a beard and teaches people how to shoot.

You don't, um, have someone particular in mind there...?

I try, sometimes I have to try real hard, to keep my irks to myself, lest I get irked off. I can even suffer through people eating popcorn if the movie is good enough, but yeah, I get irked. Now, I don't pretend that I'm not pretty irksome myself, just ask my offspring. I don't anticipate meeting his girlfriend or learning her name until after the wedding. He's pretty easy to irk, himself.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Take the advice of Sun Tzu: When you are strong, appear weak. Being tacticool will not work to your advantage. Be the dude/dudette that no one gives a second look. Oversized flannel shirts cover my G26/G19 just fine. When it warms up? Who gives a second look at the guy with the too big shirt over a t-shirt? Most people are loking at their phone anyway.

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Anybody dressed like this.

2337927449_8e3f0f5a05_b.jpg

'Photographer's vest' with no camera in sight, yup, that's a giveaway.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Wait -
    One of my baseball caps does have velcro.............on the top. Is this for a propeller?

Tactical Beany Boy?

Couldn't do it -
    Everyone would definitely think I was carrying then.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    'Photographer's vest' with no camera in sight, yup, that's a giveaway.
    When I was in Qatar years ago the only guys who wore vests were AFOSI (Air Force Office Of Special Investigations, think NCIS in a different shade of blue). They always wore 5.11 pants and those vests. What was funny the OSI civilian (civil service-type) wore the same desert camo the rest of us GIs did.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    Most of my family do not know that I carry. At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone." Her face instantly became flush and she quickly backed away. She wont hug me now and still doesn't know I carry.

Top Bottom