• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Most of my family do not know that I carry. At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone." Her face instantly became flush and she quickly backed away. She wont hug me now and still doesn't know I carry.

:wrongdoor:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Supposedly about 3% of the colonists were actively on the field in the American Revolution.

Today some 3%ers wear a patch as a symbol that they would fight to protect the right for the citizenry to remain armed.

As I see it, some also use it to signify a broader willingness to remain principled to the Constitution, regardless of what the current government does .... sort of like an Oathkeepers commitment.

III here. Yes, it refers to the 3% that took to the field in the Revolution. About 1/3 were sympathetic to the revolution, about 1/3 were loyalists, and about 1/3 were agnostic. 3% went to war. Now, I take it to mean a willingness to go "war to the knife" for the Constitution.

Exactly, I also like to think about how it only took 3% of the people to illicit such great change... I will get my 3% hat soon enough I think!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Most of my family do not know that I carry. At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone." Her face instantly became flush and she quickly backed away. She wont hug me now and still doesn't know I carry.

You realize this is INGO not KYGO right??

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Does it irk you when people don't take off their hats during the playing of the national anthem? Does it irk you when you see a teen with pants down to his knees? Does it irk you when people talk with food in their mouths? Does it irk you when you see a young guy not open the door for an elderly woman? Does it irk you when a kid calls his parents by their first names? ...I can tell you all of the above irk me, how about you? And using your standard, all of these people, are minding their own business.

Fact of the matter is, I can be "irked," by whatever the hell I want, and should be able to avoid admonishment for my personal views, unless I inject myself into the situation, in an attempt to correct whatever behavior "irked" me.

Soooooo... You're equating wearing 5.11 pants and/or a paracord bracelet to being rude/having poor manners?!? Whatever...

As for avoiding admonishment, you brought this up on a public forum and invited comment. What? You thought all of the sheeple would fall in line, lockstep, with your opinion??? Whatever happened to JFC?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think CCers care much if another sheepdog spots them. I think they mostly cover for the sake of not panicking the sheep and getting a MWAG (or WWAG) call. The sheep aren't likely to make a 5.11/paracord connection to guns.

This for sure.

I wear jeans and sweatshirt or flannel. No paracord and if I have a ball cap on it is to cover a bad hair day.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Soooooo... You're equating wearing 5.11 pants and/or a paracord bracelet to being rude/having poor manners?!? Whatever...

As for avoiding admonishment, you brought this up on a public forum and invited comment. What? You thought all of the sheeple would fall in line, lockstep, with your opinion??? Whatever happened to JFC?

You've been here long enough to know, that my opinions are rarely agreed with. And in case you missed it, I'll repeat:

I can be "irked," by whatever the hell I want

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Last time I wore any 5.11 gear to run errands I was asked 5 times which Seal team I was in, got into 3 shootouts, and had to rappel out of a helicopter. Never again...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Was that a "yes"?
    A brand name and any paracord = ill-mannered rudeness?
    I'm not trackin' on that...

Keeps up with argument doll, and let's not try to move the goalposts. Someone had an issue with me being personally irked about certainly carriers' traits. That person then asserted that if it didn't affect me personallly, then I had no right to be irked. I gave several examples, where people are minding their own business, and I'm not personally effected (in a physical way), that "irk" most people, and most assuredly the vast majority of people here. Now if you are "irked" at my examples, I can just as easily choose other examples that are neither rude or ill mannered that will apply.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Keeps up with argument doll
    Uh... you're kinda the one not keeping up. Dude asked you a direct question that you never really answered.
    Not even an essay question or multiple choice... just a flat out true/false. Doesn't get much easier.

eyes_finder_pointing_down1.gif

Soooooo... You're equating wearing 5.11 pants and/or a paracord bracelet to being rude/having poor manners?!?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Keeps up with argument doll, and let's not try to move the goalposts. Someone had an issue with me being personally irked about certainly carriers' traits. That person then asserted that if it didn't affect me personallly, then I had no right to be irked. I gave several examples, where people are minding their own business, and I'm not personally effected (in a physical way), that "irk" most people, and most assuredly the vast majority of people here. Now if you are "irked" at my examples, I can just as easily choose other examples that are neither rude or ill mannered that will apply.

I think Kutnupe was using the "examples" not to say that sloppy CC is equivalent to bad manners or disrespect, but just sharing thinks that might be "irksome" or "peevish" to individuals. Some people are making a different analogy and including the "manners" issue where he just meant "irksome".

Top Bottom