• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Most of my family do not know that I carry. At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone." Her face instantly became flush and she quickly backed away. She wont hug me now and still doesn't know I carry.
    Then what did she think it was?? Oh wait.... I don't want to know.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    After I-couldn't-tell-you-how-many times, my brother finally realized I was carrying and informed me his wife was kinda not cool with it, but he realized only because I had a 30rd AR mag in my jacket pocket. This was right after all that Ferguson crap, and I kept my AR with me just in case. I don't know what her malfunction is, not like I'm going to suddenly go off and shoot up the place. That [STRIKE]almost[/STRIKE] never happens.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I literally shopped there for years before I noticed the sign. It's text only, and somewhat off to the side. I don't like that they have the policy but I like the store so much otherwise that I still go there. I do need to write to point out to them though that I have transferred thousands of $$ in business to Sams Club since I saw the sign.

I am curious what the company leaders really think because it's not at all the obvious signage like (for example) Fresh Thyme has.
    I never saw one at Fresh Thyme either! I guess it just doesn't matter enough to me to look for those signs LOL

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I never saw one at Fresh Thyme either! I guess it just doesn't matter enough to me to look for those signs LOL

The Fresh Thyme on 86th Street and Township Line has obvious no-gun signs on each side of the entrance door. I think I have a pic I took of it..... I'll look later.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Most of my family do not know that I carry. At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone." Her face instantly became flush and she quickly backed away. She wont hug me now and still doesn't know I carry.

:scratch: Kentucky bred? lol

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Unless I'm specifically going to the range, I wear nothing that's gun related, even though I've been given hats, T-shirts, fleece jackets, pins, stickers, and god knows what else.

See no reason to advertise my pro-gun stance on my car, truck, motorcycle, boat, or what-have-you. No reason to have one's car broken into and ransacked because there's a Glock, "Don't Tread On Me", NRA, or even INGO sticker on it. Even if there's no gun or other valuables left inside while patronizing some 'gun-free zone', no reason to get a window broken or trunk damaged for some scumbag to find that out for them self.

If I 'make' someone CC'ing, unless there's a reason to believe the person is of the 'nefarious persuasion', I certainly see no reason to 'out' them for it. They're on 'my side', and the more the merrier, far as I'm concerned. :yesway:

I DO believe in gun control restrictions, however. I want any good guy to carry a gun that chooses to do so, and demand the immediate disarming of all criminals!

There ya go, anti-gun loons. There's some 'gun control' you can work on that's actually worthwhile. Should keep ya busy for the next several millennia! :laugh:

Then what did she think it was?? Oh wait.... I don't want to know.
    Obviously, a 'snubbie'. :lmfao:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    You guys really think that the "tactical baseball caps" are that bad? A buddy of mine gave me one and I was going to throw a 3%'er patch on it and wear it... But I DO NOT want to look like a tommy tactical douche! I mean I don't wear any form of tactical clothing, but I always took these hats as more of a "gun guy" thing than a bad ass wanna be kinda thing.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You guys really think that the "tactical baseball caps" are that bad? A buddy of mine gave me one and I was going to throw a 3%'er patch on it and wear it... But I DO NOT want to look like a tommy tactical douche! I mean I don't wear any form of tactical clothing, but I always took these hats as more of a "gun guy" thing than a bad ass wanna be kinda thing.

Just wear whatever you want.Who cares what others think.
    I have a cap like that to display my awesome INGO patch.I wear it with pride.:rockwoot:

Fenway even featured in on the INGO Facebook page, like a freaking boss. :cool:

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Same, not sure what they are about.
    I'm more of a 100% awesome kinda guy.

Supposedly about 3% of the colonists were actively on the field in the American Revolution.

Today some 3%ers wear a patch as a symbol that they would fight to protect the right for the citizenry to remain armed.

As I see it, some also use it to signify a broader willingness to remain principled to the Constitution, regardless of what the current government does .... sort of like an Oathkeepers commitment.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Supposedly about 3% of the colonists were actively on the field in the American Revolution.

Today some 3%ers wear a patch as a symbol that they would fight to protect the right for the citizenry to remain armed.

As I see it, some also use it to signify a broader willingness to remain principled to the Constitution, regardless of what the current government does .... sort of like an Oathkeepers commitment.

Oh, I didn't know that. This is a recent thing right? I mean the wearing of 3% stuff? I've never liked it when people label themselves part of sort of a % group. It's weird. But in this case, I guess I kinda get it.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Oh, I didn't know that. This is a recent thing right? I mean the wearing of 3% stuff? I've never liked it when people label themselves part of sort of a % group. It's weird. But in this case, I guess I kinda get it.

I'm not sure how recent it is but I imagine some political types don't like it. which is why I do ;)

I think this is a "%" group that you choose to be a part of, rather than one that you are rich enough, talented enough for, etc.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    III here. Yes, it refers to the 3% that took to the field in the Revolution. About 1/3 were sympathetic to the revolution, about 1/3 were loyalists, and about 1/3 were agnostic. 3% went to war. Now, I take it to mean a willingness to go "war to the knife" for the Constitution.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

Recent like probably the past five years or so. I don't remember seeing much of it before that, but I just might not have been cool enough to notice it.

google "threeper"

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    y
    Does it irk you when people don't take off their hats during the playing of the national anthem? Does it irk you when you see a teen with pants down to his knees? Does it irk you when people talk with food in their mouths? Does it irk you when you see a young guy not open the door for an elderly woman? Does it irk you when a kid calls his parents by their first names? ...I can tell you all of the above irk me, how about you? And using your standard, all of these people, are minding their own business.

Fact of the matter is, I can be "irked," by whatever the hell I want, and should be able to avoid admonishment for my personal views, unless I inject myself into the situation, in an attempt to correct whatever behavior "irked" me.

Nope, none of those irk me. They may sadden, disgust, disgust, sadden me. Wonder what the hell, perhaps. But no none of those irks me.
    : to make weary, irritated, or bored
    Irk - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

And easily defeated
    And easily countered.

Take the advice of Sun Tzu: When you are strong, appear weak. Being tacticool will not work to your advantage. Be the dude/dudette that no one gives a second look. Oversized flannel shirts cover my G26/G19 just fine. When it warms up? Who gives a second look at the guy with the too big shirt over a t-shirt? Most people are loking at their phone anyway.

I prefer walk softly but carry a big stick. And I might add don't worry if others know it.

At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone."

That is sig line material, unless your on KYGO then it's just normal everyday....

After I-couldn't-tell-you-how-many times, my brother finally realized I was carrying and informed me his wife was kinda not cool with it, but he realized only because I had a 30rd AR mag in my jacket pocket. This was right after all that Ferguson crap, and I kept my AR with me just in case. I don't know what her malfunction is, not like I'm going to suddenly go off and shoot up the place. That [STRIKE]almost[/STRIKE] never happens.

They realized you were carrying because of the magazine, not the rifle itself?

Only been to Fresh Thyme once, I looked and didn't see a sign. Not exactly my type of store, but nothing against it. I just haven't been around it when shopping. And too far to make a special trip.

The Fresh Thyme on 86th Street and Township Line has obvious no-gun signs on each side of the entrance door. I think I have a pic I took of it..... I'll look later.

IIRC I heard they took that one down, although I could be thinking of another one. I thought I saw it in this thread but I can't find it.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/365776-fresh-thyme-no-beretta-m9-92fs.html
    Although it was decided that the plural of prius was prii and that a group of them was a smug (although an NPR was acceptable also)

See no reason to advertise my pro-gun stance on my car, truck, motorcycle, boat, or what-have-you. No reason to have one's car broken into and ransacked because there's a Glock, "Don't Tread On Me", NRA, or even INGO sticker on it. Even if there's no gun or other valuables left inside while patronizing some 'gun-free zone', no reason to get a window broken or trunk damaged for some scumbag to find that out for them self.

If I 'make' someone CC'ing, unless there's a reason to believe the person is of the 'nefarious persuasion', I certainly see no reason to 'out' them for it. They're on 'my side', and the more the merrier, far as I'm concerned. :yesway:

I DO believe in gun control restrictions, however. I want any good guy to carry a gun that chooses to do so, and demand the immediate disarming of all criminals!

If you 'make' someone CC'ing that you think you have reason to believe they have a 'nefarious persuasion', are you going to 'out' them for it? And if so how?

Unless a person is locked up, or is under the control of someone else, think parent/child or guardian/minor (or which I think locked up falls under)why should they be disarmed? What do you define as a criminal?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    They realized you were carrying because of the magazine, not the rifle itself?

Well it was kinda my own fault, the rifle was in the trunk, but my brother likes to do the coat valet thing and commented on how heavy mine was and we got to talking. I should have just shut up. They didn't know I carried before, and I doubt they'll realize it in the future. If they really want to be rectal orifices about it, I can put it in the trunk, but I will not hesitate to tell them that it would be easier for a bad guy with bad intent to steal it from there than it would be with me aiming it at his face. Sheep, sheepdogs, wolves, some just don't get it.

Top Bottom