What's with the glut of ARs in the classies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Is it trying to capitalize on stimulus checks? :spend::shoot:
    Is now the time to buy, sell, hold?
    What about uncle joe sending beto to come take em?
    will there be regrets or another wave of $400 PSA's in a few years?

Radtgaeb

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    I listed mine some time ago. No particular reason or trying to capitalize on stimulus checks...I simply don't have the time or place to shoot mine anymore.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Guys are trying to move their high end AR’s. The market has been hot and a rising tide raises all ships. The problem is they are expensive and still don’t seem to sell well. The cheaper ones still sell pretty quick. If guys were listing $800 Colt 6920s there would not be a glut, they would be sold.

The other issue is with Armslist moving to a pay site this is the only market to list them for free. The pool of potential buyers here is smaller than armslist. Of course on armslist you might run into more shady characters.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think there are a fair number of folks just trying to recoup on an investment that the market beat up fairly bad. Anticipating that availability issues might help them recover somewhat?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of them have listed a long time though. Same with some of the higher dollar parts. It's like every day the pages look the same.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Even the couple of ARs that I bought in the midst of this current market were not overpriced enough that I care if the bottom falls out. What do I care if my $850 AR is worth $550 tomorrow? I've spent more than that difference on a couple of trips to a good steakhouse.

You don't lose or make money unless you buy or sell, so don't worry about such things as "what's it's worth." It will be priceless if you ever need it for reals. If you want to play "what's it worth" with your money, go dabble in the stock market or buy gold/silver. Firearms have a value that is not just their price tag.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    ill-take-them-all.jpg

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I have one in there because I was hoping for something different. I’m narrowing the market even more as I’m trying to trade only.

I’m not in a super hurry (not bumping every 24 hours and 1 second) so it may be up there for a while.

Usually if nothing pans out in a few weeks I’ll just close the ad and try later.

Top Bottom