What's with the glut of ARs in the classies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thx Tyler , PSA has complete lower for $199 in there daily deal now but Biden don't need to know what i have. so would rather get from someone here.
    This is something that I have never understood about a lot of buyers. For me, I see value in buying privately. If there was a firearm in like new condition, but technically "used", I would be willing to pay almost as much as new. Maybe the same as new.

After all, whatever I buy will be used by the end of the week.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I put 2 in the classifieds last week. Reason? I replaced two with one. I wanted to have one gun for anything I might hunt. After two seasons with the 6.8SPC I found a gun that will do that. So, I no longer “need” a coyote gun and a deer gun.
    If they sell they sell. If they don’t they don’t. I have them set up the way I liked them, so it wouldn’t bother me to keep them.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    This is something that I have never understood about a lot of buyers. For me, I see value in buying privately. If there was a firearm in like new condition, but technically "used", I would be willing to pay almost as much as new. Maybe the same as new.

After all, whatever I buy will be used by the end of the week.
    I am good to go now ! Thats why i don't want to go thru PSA i would rather get it here used or not, like you said its gonna be used one way or the other.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Speaking as someone who only has a couple, and is not an aficionado, I might expect an all stock AR to be easier to sell mostly because it is easier for a prospective buyer to determine fair value. The world of upgrades and improvements is so wide that trying to put a value on those, or even decide if it is something I would want, becomes more work than I want to put into it -especially in light of moving toward build over buy (which could become more of a PIA given the stolen election)

I think a stock AR is also easier to sell because some people like them that way, or some people want something they can customize to suit their own needs and desires.

I'm in the former category. I have a bone stock Brownell's AR retro rifle, and an S&W flat top with a fixed front sight base and fixed A2 rear sight. I was in the Army for a day or two, and was only issued A1 or A2 rifles, and occasionally a PVS-4. I'm fast and accurate with stock hardware and no optics, so that's what I go with.

People in the latter category tend to want to build their own dream, not buy someone else's. They can't see paying extra for custom parts that they're just going to replace.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think a stock AR is also easier to sell because some people like them that way, or some people want something they can customize to suit their own needs and desires.

I'm in the former category. I have a bone stock Brownell's AR retro rifle, and an S&W flat top with a fixed front sight base and fixed A2 rear sight. I was in the Army for a day or two, and was only issued A1 or A2 rifles, and occasionally a PVS-4. I'm fast and accurate with stock hardware and no optics, so that's what I go with.

People in the latter category tend to want to build their own dream, not buy someone else's. They can't see paying extra for custom parts that they're just going to replace.
    I have the Retro from Brownells. It is the only as built AR I own and it it a hoot.
    Deadly accurate. Never missed a beat.

Top Bottom