• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fahappy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I have no idea but I took my wife to the 1500 yesterday and the entire time all she did was look for a pink gun. when she found one she insisted that I buy it for her which I did. She is now the proud owner of Taurus pt138 in pink.

Eric86

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    I have seen a couple guys with pink rifles and I asked why pink. They replied because I sometimes shoot coyotes in the dark and its much easier to see a pink gun than a black one at night. Makes plenty of sense and I have never thought about it before.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I can see the logic for that -- but I think I'd still rather grab the yellow one, instead (brighter color, and there's still that kind of stigma on the color "pink" that a testosterone-laden manly-man like I <coughcough> would be wary of).

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    My wife is curious about guns now.She went to the last indy 1500 and wants to go to the range.I am going to take one of my m1 garands and put an old stock on it that is painted pink with the breast cancer ribbon logo as the cammo (like leaves). I think these would sell sell sell.Just wait and see.. I have lots of old stocks.Ill get pics on here when done. I already have orders pending on what this one looks like when finshed.My wife is a survivor.We have been married going on 25 years now !

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have no idea but I took my wife to the 1500 yesterday and the entire time all she did was look for a pink gun. when she found one she insisted that I buy it for her which I did. She is now the proud owner of Taurus pt138 in pink.
    Well, we accessorize our gun don't we? I guess the color is a type of an accessory.:cool:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    images

I was looking for the American Guns 1911 but its a pinky

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    Well I have been working on that garand extra stock for a couple of days now.Wow how little I know.I put on lite pink first.My work buddy said to use 3 colors and put the lightest on first.Oops ..so i used the light pink as was and striped it with the light tan color.I then put on the lite pink ribbons and got home from work and use the berry color which looks like a darker pink and did darker ribbons.IT looks to be blending and changing colors.Ill post a pic. when done.Yea I know its the thought that count.Again this is the breast cancer camo with ribbons all over it.I guess i can erase it all in a couple of seconds with the can of tan.LOL

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My wife would smack me or something worse if I bought her a pink gun. For concealed carry I think we'll stick with blued. I would love stainless in that department, but, the flashiness of stainless just doesn't make sense to me. I think we'll leave any color but blued for range and/or home defense weapons. But, that's just my opinion.

fochman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    My youngest daughter saw a S&W revolver with pink laser grips and told me she's getting one of those when she's old enough. She likes shooting my model 67. I believe it's a fashion statement.

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    My wife would smack me or something worse if I bought her a pink gun. For concealed carry I think we'll stick with blued. I would love stainless in that department, but, the flashiness of stainless just doesn't make sense to me. I think we'll leave any color but blued for range and/or home defense weapons. But, that's just my opinion.

I love pink guns but my open carry gun is black so I don't blame her.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    My youngest daughter saw a S&W revolver with pink laser grips and told me she's getting one of those when she's old enough. She likes shooting my model 67. I believe it's a fashion statement.

My gf saw a 442 with the pink crimson trace grips and want it so bad she is definitely a girly girl and it's the only way she will carry it.

hoosier7400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Evansville Indiana
    Bought my wife the pink Taurus 9mm at Gander and she loved it. She started carrying it and realized it was all show and no go based on width. I swear, she couldnt conceal that gun with any outfit. Go with function over form. Lesson learned.

Top Bottom