• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    This thread makes me want to put the pink stock on the cricket when it gets back from being threaded...

Melons are gonna hate being hit by 40 grains moving subsonically so they cannot even hear the shot, but when the last of their juice oozes out they are gonna just feel it was a pink rifle that took them.

GunSlinger77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone catch the American Guns episode where the "Diva" walked in and wanted a pink blinged out 1911? Rich, one of the owners, stated that they make real guns for real men there and not pink ones. Don't worry, his wife, the other owner, made sure it was made for the customer. But, what is it with so many people being against it? I would totally buy a pink firearm if I could get the shade of pink I want. Too bad duracoat only comes in pepto pink!!

Sacrifice_Me

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I will never own a pink gun because it screams I am a girl and I choose it because it was pink. But on the other hand I am not sure I did much better choosing the Sig P238 "Lady" but it's hard to say that the gun isn't beautiful. I bought it based on the reputation of Sig Sauer and the reviews on the P238. This is my everyday carry gun.
    P238-Lady-Hero-Detail.jpg

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    My wife has a Pink Walther P22. I don't care what color she gets as long as she is willing to let me go shoot and if she wants to tag along, thats great too.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    MC Sports in Muncie has a really sweet looking black 38 special with a pink pearl looking handle. I think it also came with a black handle too. Of the pink handguns I have seen I liked it the best.
    I believe in supporting breast cancer awareness but I definitely prefer stainless or chrome with a wood handle.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I have a bit of a confliction here.

My wife is a first time gun owner, and I have a 5 yr old stepdaughter. I'm still trying to get my wife trained up to MY level of satisfaction for gun safety, and accuracy at the range. She's tough as nails and I do not doubt for a moment that she would use a gun if needed. Then our 5 yr old kid is a serious girly-girl. Doesn't like getting dirty, but absolutely LOVES pink.

We don't keep toy guns in the house. Our hose is a real gun, and a real gun only zone. All guns are considered loaded at all times. So far, I have not introduced the stepdaughter to shooting her own weapon yet. I've considered a BB Gun, Airsoft, or even a .22 Chipmunk rifle to cut her teeth on. But at the same time, we've stressed the NRA's standard children's rules with her if she ever comes across a gun, or even a gun that LOOKS like a toy (since nowadays, sometimes you just can't tell):
    1. Dont Touch
    2. Leave the Area
    3. Tell an Adult.

Now, it's alright to have a bit of fun with our firearms, but at the same time, at least to me, that having a pink, yellow, etc, gun screams that it is a toy. I can see doing it if I had no kids around, but having a munchkin attached to my hip, I don't want her to EVER forget that a gun is a weapon, always a weapon, and must be treated with respect.

Now, in a few years, I may trust her maturity level with a pink firearm, but at the same time that it attracts her to a weapon, it attracts her to an object which is colored so that she just HAS to handle it. We keep our weapons up away from her when we're not carrying, but at the same time, she is a 5 yr old little girl that if she saw a pink gun laying on the ground somewhere would be extremely tempted to pick it up.

I don't know if any of that makes sense or not, or if I am simply being too protective.
    :dunno:

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I have a bit of a confliction here.

My wife is a first time gun owner, and I have a 5 yr old stepdaughter. I'm still trying to get my wife trained up to MY level of satisfaction for gun safety, and accuracy at the range. She's tough as nails and I do not doubt for a moment that she would use a gun if needed. Then our 5 yr old kid is a serious girly-girl. Doesn't like getting dirty, but absolutely LOVES pink.

We don't keep toy guns in the house. Our hose is a real gun, and a real gun only zone. All guns are considered loaded at all times. So far, I have not introduced the stepdaughter to shooting her own weapon yet. I've considered a BB Gun, Airsoft, or even a .22 Chipmunk rifle to cut her teeth on. But at the same time, we've stressed the NRA's standard children's rules with her if she ever comes across a gun, or even a gun that LOOKS like a toy (since nowadays, sometimes you just can't tell):
    1. Dont Touch
    2. Leave the Area
    3. Tell an Adult.

Now, it's alright to have a bit of fun with our firearms, but at the same time, at least to me, that having a pink, yellow, etc, gun screams that it is a toy. I can see doing it if I had no kids around, but having a munchkin attached to my hip, I don't want her to EVER forget that a gun is a weapon, always a weapon, and must be treated with respect.

Now, in a few years, I may trust her maturity level with a pink firearm, but at the same time that it attracts her to a weapon, it attracts her to an object which is colored so that she just HAS to handle it. We keep our weapons up away from her when we're not carrying, but at the same time, she is a 5 yr old little girl that if she saw a pink gun laying on the ground somewhere would be extremely tempted to pick it up.

I don't know if any of that makes sense or not, or if I am simply being too protective.
    :dunno:

It sounds like you may be a little overprotective if she knows and understands the rules color shouldn't change anything. But I also think a parent knows their children better than anyone else so if you think it could be a problem then don't do it.

jcmoran803

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    indiana
    My wife says a pink or purple or whatever colored gun would make it feel more like hers and not just another one of my guns in the gun cabinet. She also said a feminine looking gun makes it feel less intimidating. Not to downplay safety.....

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I don't have a pink gun and am not particularly choosy one way or another. However, I would definitely take one if given.:D

I did purchase pink glasses and ear protection. I thought that my husband and sons would not use the pink ones, therefore, I would always know where to find them. I WAS WRONG! They just do not care. It is all about utility.

I have an idea the pink gun would be the same.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Why does my wife want a pink handgun?

I can't figure it out either. When I have occasion to ask her of the other decisions in her life, I might as well as speak to a brick wall for the answer(s) I receive.

um...maybe because it makes both a nice fashion accessory and lady-like holes?:D

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    The pink guns are ok, but none of them are really attractive or the right shade of pink, anyway. It's like a guy slapped any old shade of pink on there and said, "Done!"

I really don't want to see real weapons coming in "toy" colors. Too much bad potential there.

HickChick67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I don't have a pink gun and am not particularly choosy one way or another. However, I would definitely take one if given.:D

I did purchase pink glasses and ear protection. I thought that my husband and sons would not use the pink ones, therefore, I would always know where to find them. I WAS WRONG! They just do not care. It is all about utility.

I have an idea the pink gun would be the same.

Had the same issue here. Having colorblind sons doesnt help either. :cool:

I don't have a pink gun but I am looking at a dark purple & black one. Why? More for "it doesnt look like I am borrowing my husbands gun" rather than "I want to make a fashion statement."

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    If I have a pistol I want to be able to conceal it. The pinks are often for very bright and look very "plasticky" thus bringing attention to them which goes against what I am trying to accomplish when I carry. I also agree they look like a child's toy gun which could increase risk. But hey if they are well made, you like it, it's accurate and its easy to shoot, who cares what color it is.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Pink wouldn't be my first choice for gun color but for the right gun at the right price it wouldn't matter that much to me. If it's on sale or clearance I would definitely think about it. I did buy pink ear and eye protection just so no one else would use it and stretch it out.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    My daughter did not really seem to enjoy shooting until we got her her pink rifle. Now, she wants her next rifle and shotgun to be pink or purple. My son wants his first rifle to be orange.

For my part, I really do not care as long as the guns are of appropriate quality and the kids enjoy shooting. What I have noticed is that she takes a lot pride in ownership (and hence takes good care of) her new rifle, which is worth something extra to me.

I also figure that, if I can sit in the deer stand in my blaze orange jacket and hat and still not be noticed (or at least be ignored) by the deer wandering past, what are the odds that the same deer will jump just because the rifle/shotgun happens to be pink or orange or purple or lime-green or whatever.

Top Bottom